Sunday, November 14, 2010

"We all love to see how He is our stories." Barb to Pat this morning.

Pat wearing John's radiation mask... the final day of John's radiation...How we trusted and clung to family and all that the Church could give us as support and strength... the Way, the Truth, and the Life!
John had just rung the bell indicating to all present that he was done!  How we had to trust... tomorrow is the day that radiation began for us... We were so worried and sad to have to do this one thing that we had told ourselves we would never do..."Mom, I want to live!"  It was in the plan as we now know that John's cancer has been gone for almost a year... since January! 

A lone tree that always drew my attention on our trip to Rochester.
I am soon to be out of here to work this morning.  It has been an amazing weekend!  Giving my "story"
 last evening for those at the Emmaus retreat was a unexpected joyful gift!  The discussion I had with Pat this morning... He asked me if I went too long, and I told him that we do love to hear our stories and to share them, but then I thought that wasn't quite right... we Love of see Him in our stories!  How I love that, and yes I could talk all day about it because there is so much!  But no I was very aware of all the really important things that were happening after me, and I really tried to keep it to the time I was given... It was such a wonderful gift!

Another traveling picture that I snapped as I was driving to Rochester... I was kind of goofy with my camera always ready to grab, my rosary, my Christian music radio station, and John asleep in the seat beside me after we had said our decade of the rosary and morning prayers for safety in our travels and healing on the other end! It was a powerful time of clinging to HIM! 

The winter view of the buildings out the window of the Gonda building... we will be there in a few weeks on the anniversary of our week of prayer!  So many feelings flow through me when I see this... remembering the times that I would look out as I was talking on the phone... crying out in fear and despertion!  But now that has become joy at the continued news that John is cancer free!  Jesus, we trust in you!

AS we face our last week with Joseph before he goes into the ... I will end it here with this wonderful one with his special daughter, Therese!  So hard to understand that he would have to leave his little family!  Help me Lord, but most of all give Maria the strength, and Joseph all he needs to follow your path in his life!  I have no doubt that You, Lord, have been His Story and continue to be His Story!  Jesus, we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb
"You will be hated by all because of my name, but not a hair on your head will be destroyed.  By your perseverance you will secure your lives."  Luke 21:5-19 The Gospel for today!

1 comment: