Sadly our Christmas break just ended... John and his dad headed out the door for a TEC retreat, and then John will go on to the Cities and his last semester at the U of M from there. It will be good for him to share his light with others there working and making their retreat for the first time! Together Encounter Christ has been a huge part of our spiritual Journey as a family! Our 3 oldest daughters went each to their own retreat over about a year and a half, and each came home and asked us to go. My answer for the first 2 was that I was happy with where I was with my faith, and I really wasn't interested. But there was something about the third one asking me... Maria came home and when she said; "Mom, you have to go!" I just threw my hands up and finally said "OK". I went the next time it was offered - October 1999 on the lake in Winsted. Prayer has become so REAL and POWERFUL for me since I experienced this 3 days. It has affected the shared prayer life of Pat and I very much, and my personal life with each day having prayer as the thread that ties it all together! A day would be so hard and sad without PRAYER! When I say that TEC is huge in our family's faith journey... I think that it has become so because Pat and I work so many retreats, and we think that it is the most amazing way that we can share our Catholic Faith! Talk about evangelizing! Wow! Thank you, Jesus, for this gift called TEC! Bless all those there this weekend with your Spirit of TRUTH and LIGHT! Jesus, we trust in you! Bless-bless
The Feast of JOY and Blessing - John prayed a wonderful thankful blessing over the food that we shared before we head off in our different directions! Sadly this holiday has come to an official end - now onto Ordinary time and all the small things with great love that fills that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment