Singing Away in the Manger this morning and the phrase " the cattle are lowing... the baby awakes..." caught my imagination and I thought that I would use that term over the next calving season... "Pat, the cattle are lowing, have you fed them lately?" It will be interesting to hear the responce out of him... I think that I can predict that it will start with..."What?!?" It is funny how songs that I have sung my whole life, now have a new perspective when I really pay attention to the words and think about my life on the farm as a way to reflect on Jesus being born in a stable surrounded by animals. Nancy just completed a beautiful Christmas stocking for Augustine with a wonderful cow and donkey, but there are also two very cute kitties on it, and we kind of laughed wondering if there were truly cats in the stable or if they were just added for the cuteness factor. I have to say that there are usually cats around barns in my years on a farm in Southwest Minnesota, but who knows if they were 2,000 years ago in the Middle East. But they sure are cute on his stocking!
Well, we just had a wonderful family time- breakfast over at Ruth's home... Mary and I had some art time at the table while the boys played so nice together with the tractors. Now we are gathering here for a good old fashioned Sunday dinner - how I love those. And with the nice weather it could involve some time outside with the cattle "lowing"... Mary and I might have to go on a search for Snowball! She is so much fun for a old grandma! Thank you Lord for this wonderful Epiphany Sunday filled with the warmth of the stable and the joy of the Kings bowing before you and presenting you with the riches that this world can offer to the King of Kings! But the riches of our happy healthy and loving family is much moer special a gift to YOU! Thank you for faith, family and farm! Jesus, our cup overflows and the cattle lowing in the yard and pasture fill us with gratitude for the wonderful farm life that we have been blessed with. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia!"... Upon you the Lord shines, and over you appears his glory. Nations shall walk by your light, and kings by your shining radiance. Raise your eyes and look about; they all gather and come to you: your sons come from afar, and your daughters in the arms of their nurses.
Then you shall be radiant at what you see, your heart shall throb and overflow, for the riches of the sea shall be emptied out before you, the wealth of the nations shall be brought to you. Caravans of camels shall fill you,... shall come bearing gold and frankincense, and proclaiming the praises of the Lord."
Isaiah 60: 1-6
Jesus, you deserve to have all bow before your humble estate from Kings to shepherds... We love you and honor you and PRAISE You! Talk about Praise or something like that...
That's what you guys get for your silliness! A photo depicting Praise of the crazy sort!
No comments:
Post a Comment