Monday, January 9, 2012

Not a typical winter...

The third daughter in a row to wear this second hand store green snowpants and jacket... and we always had snow to make them need its warmth for months of winter.  I do remember the year that Ruth was 1 - 1981 - that there was a brown warm winter like this one has been so far.  But generally we expect lots of snow and cold and our share of storms.  Last winter was a doozey, and a worse one was talked about this year... Nope!  We are happy to have them wrong...
Ruthie was the first one to wear this snow outfit so cutely...

Then Nancy looked like an Eskimo baby in it!


Finally Susan finished the picture of those that wore the of the girls that wore the green snow outfit... cute alert! I also have one of John wearing the jacket out by a baby calf... but it is not easy to find tonight, so you just have to take my word for it!  How much use can one jacket have?  I just wish that I still had it to take some snow (?) pictures of my grandkids in it!  Too fun, but I think that I bundled it up years ago and sent it back to the Thrift store, so I would love to think that it lovingly went down the ranks of another family!

Yes... I cross country skied when Pat and I met... he tried too.  My sister, Mary, took this picture 35 winters ago by Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis. 

Talk about Cute Alert... now the famous jacket in black and white... silly faces and all!

I used to have this for my facebook picture... much younger and no snow make it less than right for now...

The standing up version of the dating time ski... I guess that I miss the beauty of the snow, so I went to my scanned pictures and found some to add tonight.  I miss the beauty, but not the hastle and the COLD!

All but John at Christmas camp... this year it was still beautiful without snow.
The same year - 1986 - at my sister, Mary's, grave.  She had died July 3, 1986 of lymphoma cancer... Nancy and Susan were her Goddaughters!

Another Christmas Camp picture... most are snowy with lots of outdoor activities.  Well, this is the last snow picture for tonight.  I kind of miss the stunning beauty of the snow and I really miss my kids when they were young right now after taking a trip down memory lane - "Dashing through the snow..."  Bless-bless

No comments:

Post a Comment