Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A wife - that "third hand"

Rain is in the forecast tomorrow, so Pat had me out helping him open and close gates while he scraped the concrete for all the animals.  Many times I have to get beside a post by the feedbunk to stay out of the way of the tractor.  I always have my rosary in my pocket to fill in the gaps, as I wait to close one gate or open another.  This nicer weather makes the time much more pleasant, and I just find myself more cheerful out there.  I talked to my sister's husband yesterday - he has been a very successful mechanic, and is in management now, but he still does mechanic jobs for family and friends.  I laughed out loud when he shared that my sister, who is also a nurse at a very large nursing home up there, helped him on my other sister's car.  "I just needed that 3rd hand, and so she came out to help me.  She doesn't mind getting greasy."  So fun to envision that it is something that couples just do for each other, and it takes the good Samaritan jobs that my brother-in-law does to even more special level to know that Paula is there helping him accomplish it!  The gift is that much more special and greater knowing that the job is at times shared by the two of them.  Saying "yes" with a smile, and taking the time to share or visit adds that positiveness.  I am not saying that it is always that way for me, but when I am loving about it - it just goes better.  And the visiting part is eliminated by the roar of the tractor.  I do the visiting with the nosey animals, and the Lord through Our Lady in the rosary.  A good friend this morning on FB shrared some beautiful thoughts on the rosary...
Robin Hauger shared from a Catholic post;
"There is no person closer to Jesus than His mother. Her prayers are powerful. The Rosary is not a prayer of vain repetitions but rather a meditation on the mysteries of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus through the eyes of His mother. The Rosary is not Mary-centered but Christ-centered. Each bead you touch is like taking another step through the gospels, while holding the hands of His mother as she leads you to her son. Mary's soul always magnifies the Lord. If you want to grow closer to Christ, pray the rosary." ♥
I just wanted to share a special gift I have gained with my daily rosary praying... I have devoted each mystery to my 5 kids, so I pray very powerfully for each of them and then those that belong with them... I have added one for my husband, and then some others - up to 10 decades now, and so blessed by this time while traveling, sitting in Church or in adoration, or just with my feet up after lunch... I am a contemplative at heart, and this feeds me!

Knowing that I was going to have a girl come into Birthright last night - I took some time with Jesus in the quiet Church yesterday afternoon with my life-line-rosary beads going through my fingers.  It just was so convicting that I had just prayed for lives to be saved from abortion yesterday, and within a short time I had a call telling me that there would be a girl coming in with her mother!  I prayed, and prayed, and prayed!!!  This daisy plant caught my eye while I was there in the front row... they reminded me of the all daisy bouquet that I had for my wedding and some of them got droopy too.  Then to have the glowing windows and the tabernacle glowing... it somewhat captured the Easter JOY I found kneeling there.  I looked ahead and we still have weeks of Easter Season left!  Praise God for that!  But don't you feel that Lent is an amazing Gift to us as it tempers our body, and doing without for those 40 days just makes the Easter JOY pure wonderful! 

Well, I was going to launch into more about being that third hand for our husbands, and doing it joyfully makes it a true gift.  But I just have been out helping and now have to run to town, so I just want to say- thank you, Jesus, for this beautiful spring day.  Keep the farmers safe, and the wives loving and cheerful when that phone rings for the 10th time.  May we together as a team serve YOU, and Your Bride, The Church, Jesus.  Blessed Mother thank you for always being there at the side of your Son - showing all women how to say "Yes!"without counting the cost.  Giving me that constant prayer that gets me through each day and whatever it holds for me.  "Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with you."  It takes me to your Son there with his hands open to me and forgiving me unconditionally whenever I fall.  Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia

Aren't you jealous that I get to hang out with such cutie pies - including the one on the tractor?
A beautiful rainbow with the sun out too!!!

Leaves on the lilacs - thank you, Lord!  Bless-bless, Barb
"Jesus stood in the midst of his disciples and said to them - 'Peace be with you, halleluia.' " Communion Antiphon - Jesus, we know that you are in our midst and bring us peace!
The Daisys look the same - thank you Lord for the special reminder of this best day of our marriage - the day that we entered into the Sacrament of Marriage - we said "yes" to taking up our Most Cherished Cross, and following after You, Lord.  Embracing that Cross we find LIFE, LOVE, and bring LIGHTS into the world.  May we willingly be that 3rd hand!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEAaySj6Ps  Danielle Rose sings Your Bride from her I Thirst album

All creatures LOVE the Son/Sun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment