Sunday with all my kids was so wonderful and I just want to bask in the memory of it! I knew that I had to fight to get the pictures I needed to have that memory always! I wanted so badly to have the 5 together and in our Church. The Church that they were all baptized and spent their lives growing up and bonding as a domesic Church!
Getting this picture was complicated as there was a group up front getting ready for a baptism to begin. But... I just tried to be quick and move it back a ways with the perspective of the altar and even the Crucifix. It is a cherished keepsake already and so carzy that 3 weeks have gone by!
We did finally have to leave to get the whole family picture - minus 2 son-in-laws - We are standing where the top of the old steps used to be and would have been the outside of the Church. It is also a most specially cherished picture to hold always and forever. Today in Revelations is the description of the City of God - Heaven ...which can be found here on earth! It is possible to find a little slice of heaven here on earth if we share Jesus and His Bride, The Church, within our domestic Church/family. For truly we experience the LIGHT of God given off by the Lamb, who is the lamp! Writing about Hallel and her Community of the Lamb all day yesterday on the page I am devoting to Susan/Hallel and her following the call to be the Bride of Christ... I am immersed in the Lamb! When you spend any time with our amazing new Family in the Community - it is not rare to hear someone talk about that this or that person is a Lamb with great awe and devotion. What does that really mean? It means that they are living the motto..."Wounded, I will not cease to love." That is a perfect description of the Lamb... innocent spotless victim that went to the slaughter without a word of complaint. Where does the LOVE come into that situation? The fact that we are talking about God being this helpless Lamb and doing this with total thought of love for you and I! Today while Paul was lectoring and reading this at Church his little one year old Rose was crying loudly in the pew for daddy. Grandpa and Grandma failed, yet there was something pretty special about a dad with 4 little kids and a wife working willing to do that. It speaks a lot to the kids that dad is willing to do this over and above because he loves Jesus and The Church!
I know that this is random but I have already been pulled away from this by LIFE, but I came across this picture of Susan with her sisters when she is about 13 months, and she looks so much like little Rose that I had to share it here. I knew that sweet little girl pulled my heartstrings in a familiar way! Little Rose Ida is gifting me with one of my Verly girls - I think you can tell how special that is to have again when you look at the beautiful girls I had in my nest!
And here's Rose to compare and look who is holding her... her look-alike Aunt Susie/Little Sister Hallel! Maybe you will grow up to LOVE Jesus with your life just like Hallel does, little Rose. It is a wonderful option to consider, right Hallel? She would enthusiastically agree with that! Well, Lord, we thank you for the wonder of family and family resemblance. It is such a gift of memories from the past yet starting anew with another great LIFE ahead - a new glowing LIGHT for the world! For within is glowing the Lamp of the Lamb! When we cherish you in our hearts, minds and souls, O Lord, we glow with the LIGHT of your glory. May we light up our domestic Church/family with YOU. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia
Nancy dressed as me for Halloween 2005 - I guess that it is flattering in an outrageous sort of way, but that would describe me too... OPPPSSS!!! I think I made a fool of myself over the years - good thing I also pray for humility on a regular basis!
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to yo. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid." John 14 - the Gospel for the 6th Sunday of Easter - today!
This sounds like the Cross to me! The Tree of LIFE - may it bear much fruit to feed all those in need of YOU, Jesus!
I think you can tell I am into my old pictures - How's that for a super cute winter kitten - Dec 2004... even if it had a long life, it is probably long dead and forgotten.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ Casting Crowns - Praise You in the Storm
Love this!!! Doing - O Happy Day from Sister Act at Christmas Camp 2004... Maria just out of the convent a few months before!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdmw7VdFYjg Here it is!!! Enjoy!!! This will make you smile!!! Tooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!
John hitting that high note! Wow! I can hear it without truly hearing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment