How I love the stories of LIFE as you can tell from the pages I have shared on my blog and even my title - familysoulstory. If it sounds a bit familiar, maybe that is because I was trying to find something like St Terese -Story of a Soul. And so for me it had to do with family - hence it came together and no one had used it yet... I love it! Later when the reading from Deuterotomy came up a few months later - I had to add - "Choose LIFE!" Duet 30:19 I just had to add it! Every fiber of my being burns with the desire for people to understand how precious LIFE is and how wondrous it is to be open to LIFE! Yesterday the news came through that the abortionist in Pen was found guilty of murdering babies! Pat and I were talking about them charging this horrible man in Cleveland for causing miscarriages by hitting the women in the pelvis - could be charged for murder! He should, but then how can it be acceptable for a woman to kill her baby all the way through her pregnancy? HOW can it happen? Pat said it - "The woman's choice is the whole thing." That is so horrific! The LIFE there is only a LIFE if the woman wants it and it doesn't interfere with her plans in life. As one slogan says so powerfully - Those that believe in abortion were born/given the gift of LIFE! How did I get on this tangent? Maybe because of the enormity of this crime to LIFE that continues to happen! I found so much JOY in making my Mother's Day watercolor this year. Last week on a beautiful day - I sat out on the deck and painted. This years' painting has so much LIFE in it! I even added a calf that is looking through the railing! The cat had been curled up on the chair, and when you are outside Roger is always there too. Rose turned out a bit older than she looks at 1yo, but I wanted one of my little ones there. St Francis statue had to be there now with our new amazing Pope Francis! It was such a fun project for me to enjoy on a nice day!
The sun is bright and the wind is blowing - the temperatures are rising... we were already out on the deck and Bernadettte giggled at the dogs.
Psalm 19 from a quick morning prayer before Pat headed out this morning
"The heavens proclaim the glory of God
and the firmament shows forth the work of his hands.
Day unto day takes up the story
and night unto night makes known the message."
The Gospel today is a ringing bell in the wind of the prairie! "Love one another"
I love this explanation from Fr Zundel (1975) about what I talk about when I say that openess to LIFE.. with each additional LIFE we are given to LOVE our LOVE grows bigger not get stretched.
"In what practical way can we judge the truth of an affection?
There is a practical test.
If it is the infinite you love, can your love narrow your heart? No, it can only enlarge it. If your love does not enlarge your heart, if it narrows it instead of opening it up, then it is not true love, which must open the heart to the whole universe and make it Catholic in the universal sense of the word.
Every time a love, or a friendship, closes you in on yourself and makes you selfish, it is yourself that you love, not love.
We must strive always to make love a gift - a gift of God. We are never forbidden to love. In fact, it could be said, 'To love is to give God.' "
The kids out in the sun as the leaves are bursting open on the trees - Spring has finally arrived!
Jesus, we love to know the true Story of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! You Bless us with each new little one that we welcome from the moment we know they are in the womb! We are especially aware and praying without ceasing for the new little LIFE of Ruth and Paul's. Your protection is needed for Ruth and the baby to stay safe until the birth. We are filled with wonder and awe as we know YOU have a special story for each one of us as we walk through LIFE following YOU down the narrow Path carrying our Most Cherished Cross/Tree of LIFE. Embracing that Cross we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT everlasting! May the story of our lives this day be one of goodness and LIGHT. May you save lives this day - showing women that it truly is a LIFE to be cherished no matter what. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia
"It is not you who chose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. This I command you: love one another." John 15: 9-17 The Gospel for today on this feastday of St Matthias, pray for us.
Francesca Battistelli - Beautiful, Beautiful

No comments:
Post a Comment