Ruth thought that little Bernadette was missing her mom last night, and we are sure that it is probably true. As a breastfed baby there is such a closeness, and you can see that her mother spends lots of time with her this way. It was very hard for Nancy to leave her,too. She is so sweet, smiley, and happy, and yesterday it just was a little bit harder for her to be herself, yet she is fine and doing well. We all knew that it would be an adjustment, but all good things have their hard parts and that is part of what makes them so good, right? Satruday is always devoted to our Spiritual Mother, Mary Most Holy, but this being Mother's Day weekend - it just seems to be that much more special and meaningful and powerful. Today in the Gospel Jesus reminds us again and again..."Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you... ask and you will receive, so that your Joy may be complete." John 16 It only makes perfect sense that Jesus, being God and Man and being perfect LOVE would listen to his Mother, who He assumed to Heaven body and soul to be at His side, and that we who take our needs and prayers to her daily in the rosary would have an advocate with her - so asking and receiving through the Mother of God makes perfect total sense to me!
This quote by a playright, Myles Connolly (1964) speaks volumes of what I experience in my continual prayers throughout my day/LIFE to Mary... He is putting words to what I say to her in prayer
"My good dear Mother: I have never liked any painting or statue of you I have ever seen. It is not that these representations disappoint me... It is that they touch me in no way at all as you have touched me yourself. I have no clear conception of you. Yet you are more real to me than the people around me... You are a young mother, robust, active, with smiling eyes.... There is a certain health and almost exuberance to your actions. I expect you to come right up to speak to me... Mother, you are so real that if you withdrew your support I think I would actually fall down on the floor here like a man in a faint. Dear Mother, how have you endured me all these years? Only for you, I would have long been lost. For you it is who took me and led me out of strange ways and darkness years ago. You it is who takes me by the hand now day by day. Only you would not grow tired of the like of me - of anyone so sinful, ungrateful, selfish... I would not dare to lift my head were it not of you. For it is you who stand between me and (your Son's) terrible justice... The thought of my sins smites me down so that if there were not you I think I would fall into despair. And when I try to reason why you should continue to protect me I end in confusion. I can only throw myself on your love. I can only kneel and cry out: 'I don't deserve anything. Not even the greetingof a stranger. But, Mother, without you what am I going to do?' This is mad, isn't it? This is unreasonable. But I am helpless in my weakness. I, cowardly, feebly, selfishly, give the weight of my sins to you... Never was there a worse sinner, and never was God kinder to one. Mother, it's true. You know how true it is. You are the only explanation of God's kindness to me."
From Mr Blue by Myles Connolly
So true for me about how without her support I would fall down!
Jesus, thank you for the gift of your Mother. Thank you for all the ways she is there for me as I stagger through LIFE. Be with me this day and allow me to LOVE and serve you in the elderly that I serve as a nurse. Jesus, I am yours. Jesus, I trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb
"Do not be afraid. Go on speaking, and do not be silent, for I am with you." Acts 18:9-10
No comments:
Post a Comment