Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Hallel... ujah kind of day!

 April of 2013 Hallel got her 3 day home visit!  We got up the driveway just ahead of the storm that dumped over a foot of heavy snow all around us.  Hallel brought home her work habit and borrowed this old farm jacket and went out to help her dad and John clean out the bunks before feeding the cattle.  How I love to see my sweet Little Sister Hallel on the farm!
Spending time together and helping dad - a college brother and his Little Sister. 

Why Hallel today?  I started the day sharing the readings with Pat after morning prayer and was reminded that the first reading is very important to the call of Little Sister Marie to rediscover the roots of St Dominic and was asked by Jesus to beg from the poor!  How can this be?  She was shown the reading from I Kings 17 of the Elijah and the widow.  "Your flour will never run out nor your jug of oil be empty."  Depend upon Divine Providence is the life that Hallel and her Community of the Lamb live!
 Hallel taking out paper Hallel ,made for Nancy's wedding because she couldn't be there, to the burn barrel.  I think I did a pretty good job of making her to share in our day.  I kind of miss her standing in the corner and joining in pictures from time to time!

After the first reading was a Hallel Psalm - Psalm 146!  A Psalm of Praise!  Praise the Lord, my soul!
 Warming up to Rose being silly!
I think it worked... I think that Rose looks a lot like her mom and Aunt Susan/Hallel.  It is so fun to see that again in my life! 
 Feeding the bottle calves was such a great picture that I hold close to my heart! 
 A special Saturday mass in Ghent!  Hallel needs to have mass each day.  Jesus is her Spouse and she needs to be close to him each day - mass and Adoration are two of the most intimate ways to do that. 
 Thanks Fr Kucera! 
 Since this LIFE in motion picture was taken... we have added three more with another on the way.  LIFE has gotten even more active and special.  I know that Hallel was excited to get back to her life as a contemplative nun!
More craziness.  The Gospel has another widow and the mite - giving her meager all!  May we all give more of our all!  Bless-bless, Barb
It is definitely a hallelujah kind of day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment