Saturday, November 7, 2015

"dishonest in small matters"- Luke 16

I have a picture gift that I do for each of Ruth's 5... I update a photo frame around each birthday.  Luke was 2 last Sunday, so I have been working on his.  It gives me great joy to see them all come together.  Now with the nice cameras that my girls both have - I tend to use their pictures, too.  Actually Mary took the picture on top of Rose with Luke in Michigan.  My obsession with photography sometimes gets up to some kind of use.

Just back from mass and reconciliation with my husband on this first Saturday.  The Gospel called me  on the carpet this morning with Jesus telling me that "being dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in great ones."  Luke 16  I tend to minimize small lies and dishonesty in my life - "Oh, that isn't so bad that I took that candy or told a white lie to my husband."  I can see that when we start to justify our sins that it just gets bigger and bigger.  We start to think that we don't need to confess and recognize our sinfulness.  It leads to the wide road to hell!
One of my favorite statues of Our Lady which has filled me with peace and joy over these 30 years of having kids/grandkids in the Catholic School.  This day devoted to Mary... The Holy Name of Mary is powerful.  The tradition of The Church and the teaching of the Magisterium urge us to frequent recitation of the Hail Mary and the rosary.  By keeping the name of Mary on our lips, we show our devotion to her.  Mary's mantle is always present to protect those who are her own.  The Blessed Virgin Mary is the pinnacle of God's creation.  She is the most perfect, the greatest, the holiest human being ever to live.  When we repeat her name, we greatly honor God her Creator.  Mary never keeps any glory for herself.  Her soul magnifies the Lord. (Lk 1:46)

It sounds like Mary can help us deal with these many little dishonesties in our day to day lives.  See them for what they are and weed them out - saying "no" to our selfish tendencies and our selfish indulgences.  Hail Mary help me to be more like you!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
 Simon and his Aunt Susan/Little Sister Hallel at Easter. Simon is hunting for the first time today with his dad!  He is wearing orange today!  It is one of those days when I am thinking of my Hallel and missing her a lot.  She reminds me that we are together in the Eucharist!  So true, but I do miss my real hugs, and am starting to pray for one soon!
I am also missing time spent with our Community of the Lamb in KC - maybe soon! 

My Mother of heaven and earth, I love you!

The Saints agree, and give us their wisdom of The Truth!

She is to me!
Danielle Rose - See you in the Eucharist
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
If I touch him - Danielle Rose
I witnessed a huge gathering at St Thomas of youth filling the Church singing Praise and Worship to Jesus in the monstrance on the altar while numerous priests were hearing confession throughout the church.  Around the base of the monstrance was a scarf and people were invited to come forward and hold onto the hem of his garment and pray!  So powerful!
 Showing her nieces and nephews the empty tomb! 
 A sacred space that fills us with Jesus and His Bride, The Church!

Part of the reason for my heart taking me to Hallel today - the Psalm from mass is Psalm 145 - a Hallel psalm!  A psalm of total praise to God!  "Every time you say my name you are giving God the highest praise!" Psalms 145- 150 are Hallel Psalms and the ones around 100 that give Praise are called grand Hallel psalms.  The word for grand is "tall" in French so they laugh as Susan/Hallel is about a foot taller than most of the French sisters!
Psalm 145
Every day will I bless you,
and I will praise your name forever and ever,
Great is the Lord and highly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.
I will praise your name for ever, Lord.

Generation after generation praises your works
and proclaims your might.
They speak of the splendor of your glorious majesty
and tell of your wondrous works.
I will praise your name for ever, Lord.

Let all your works give you thanks, O Lord,
and let your faithful ones bless you.
Let them discourse of the glory of your Kingdom
and speak of your might.
I will praise your name for ever, Lord.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment