Here are the words from the Gospel today - Luke21
Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy from carousing and drunkenness and the anxieties of daily life, and that day catch you by surprise like a trap.
Revisiting some pictures from Thanksgiving as we are at Pat's mom's house for the day - sharing family time, and a communion service as we share the Eucharist with her.
How do I alleviate the constant flow of anxious thoughts that overwhelm me on a constant basis? Huge for me is my rosary and the ability to pray at all times. I was pondering on the trip in this morning that my blood pressure has settled down without medication and I feel that a lot of it is due to my praying the rosary throughout my day. I am not always able to follow the advise my mother-in-law gave me when I was first married - "Take a nap every day." I do love to put my feet up with my rosary in hand in the early afternoon, and yes many times I doze off as I pray. Talk about the epitome of PEACE!
Such a loving woman is Pat's mom!
I also find much encouragement and peace in reading the readings for each day and pondering how the Lord is speaking to me. There is so much power and might in Christ in His Word in the fact that all Catholic Churches the world over are all reading, preaching, and teaching on those same words. I also find huge help for my journey through the help of the Saints! The Church gives us more than we can ever fathom - the length, the breadth, the height, the bottom... infinite is His Wisdom and glory!
It is so fun to see my girl's homes decorated with their amazing pictures. I see my influence and it makes me smile! I hope that they do not become as obsessed as I have nor weighed down by the enormity of all the pictures I have taken over our 37 years of marriage! To think that the baggage I added to each kid with a scrapbook for every year they were alive is heavy to say the least! With moving on the horizon and all my scrapbooks, Hallel's as she cannot take them with her- it would be hard to fit 20 scrapbooks in her small backpack, and John's as a single guy doesn't seem to desire dragging 20 scrapbooks from dorm rooms to rectories. Sigh! This hobby/obsession is coming back to weigh me down with anxieties. It got out of hand and now I am paying the price. I think the Lord is taking me to task this Advent. I have so much work to do on myself! Dying to my selfishness and anxieties so that The Holy Spirit may take over and humble me!
I am so excited about the article in National Geographic about Mary! I have to believe that this will bring some into the True Church as there is no other place to be if you love Mary. I should know this from my entry into The Catholic Church with my entire family 43 years ago... my mother loved Mary and it brought us into The Church!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Fun on the farm with sibs and cousins!
Jesus, I am less than comfortable with the mess I am right now. I ask that I can continue to cling to all you and your Bride, The Church, give me to become more and more yours. I am rejoicing that we have Advent to give us time to pause and take notice of all the "anxieties of daily life" which pull us away from the narrow path and cause us to wander lost in the darkness. May your LIGHT shine to chase away the distractions of the darkness. I am weak and sick and sinful and I need you, my Jesus! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Dominic has been very good with my Advent wreath for the last 4 days. I am so surprised and happy that it is still there in one piece and now we welcome in Advent with gratitude, thanksgiving, and joy! Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
This is a picture of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT for me!
This little boy loves to be by his grandpa!
"Doggy has Christmas on her back!" says Bernadette about the snow falling.
The Best!!!!!

Did I mention that Mary calms the storms/anxieties in life in how she takes our needs to her Son, Jesus Christ?
She wrote a song from very mystery of the rosary!
Danielle Rose writes all her music in front of the Blessed Sacrament - I am so excited to go to her concert here next Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment