Friday, May 21, 2021

HOME!/From one nail scarred hand to another - From the West to the East!/"Follow me"

Minutes before I went out the door to the airport yesterday... sweet Maggie checking out her big sisters.  Maria updated me about her appointment today and we are on the path to getting her weight up every 2 hours with feedings around the clock.  Her kids are such good helpers and Maria was anxious to get her family back under her direction.
Maria's girls are wonderful and will all work together to keep Maggie healthy and happy.
The 4 boys are great helpers too!  

LOVE the Psalm for today from mass - Psalm 103

For as the heavens are high above the earth,
    so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him.
As far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he put our transgressions from us.
R.    The Lord has established his throne in heaven.
or:
R.    Alleluia.

LOVE this song by Casting Crowns which reminds us of what Jesus did for us on the Cross!

Casting Crowns - East to West

3 generation girl picture with Maria and daughters 
Hubby picked me up at the airport and we got home sweet farm home at 11p last night!  The mowing was 3 weeks behind so I got to pray on my mower... love the transformation - I asked Paul to put a sign on the barn welcoming our newest sweet girl!
LOVE the green and leaves on my Cottonwood tree, also welcomed back by the same white puffy clouds that greeted us in Washington 11 days ago!
Mowing done, tires on tomatoes that Ruth planted while I was gone.  Thanks farmer daughter!  It is dry and the farmers are praying for rain.  I am watering my new plants... I got wet in the process.
Quick to enjoy before the dandilions raise their ugly heads even after mowing over them!  It is good to be home again!  Hubby and I just went to get some feed and salt blocks for the pastures where we have cows and calves out on grass.  Doing my praying for 7 sisters on the road today - adoration in of God's creation and the crops coming up all around me and the cows and calves along the way out on grass in the prairie winds and the warm sun!
Blue skies, clouds and my cottonwood tree huge and beautiful for another year.

I love the Gospel today - as 103 Psalm reminds us of what Jesus did for us on the cross.  Peter was not there for Jesus with Mary and John at the foot of the Cross!  He had denied Jesus 3 times and run away in fear!  Here in John 21 Jesus asks him those 3 times - "Do you love me?"

He said to him the third time,
“Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time,
“Do you love me?” and he said to him,
“Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.
Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger,
you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; 
but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands,
and someone else will dress you
and lead you where you do not want to go.”
He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God.
And when he had said this, he said to him, “Follow me.”  John 21

The memories are flooding me as dad was here with me a year ago, and this final part of the verse was so appropriate for him as I was dressing him, helping him walk, and showering him... He depended upon me and hospice as we shared our work of prayer in our farm monastery!

Bath time was special.

Yes, Peter failed our Lord at the time of his greatest need.  Yet, Jesus made him the first Pope of The Church and gave him the keys of the Kingdom.  Showing us that Jesus loves us regardless of our weakness and sinfulness.  Unconditionally and endlessly!  May we return that love to those around us most especially those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family!  May we always "Follow you"  Amen and Hallelujah

LIFE is a gift and makes our love grow larger and more with each new life!  Bless-bless, Barbara
Hubby had to show me the broilers and 
Laying hens - I am now a chicken farmer once again!
Fun to see my garden up in the last 2 weeks!
Healthy green plants 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment