I am always amazed at just how much is involved in song throughout the mass. I tend to take it for granted, but when I witness the practice of so many different parts, I realize that it is a lot!
As I looked around... no more tape on every other pew keeping us apart! I guess on Sunday Ruth came late and took the tape down between her husband on one side and father in law on the other. Family should not be kept apart, and obviously we are now able to all come together!
Open and gleaming with the smell of furniture polish after a year of unuse and gathering dust. Such a warm and welcoming sight! May we reach out and invite others back to love and serve Jesus! His glorious Bride, The Church, beckons us to come and worship Him each week or even each day. He is there to love and forgive us unconditionally and to Feed us with the finest wheat!
Responsorial Psalm 19:8, 9, 10, 11
R. (9ab) The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The decree of the LORD is trustworthy,
giving wisdom to the simple.
R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The precepts of the LORD are right,
rejoicing the heart.
The command of the LORD is clear,
enlightening the eye.
R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever;
The ordinances of the LORD are true,
all of them just.
R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
They are more precious than gold,
than a heap of purest gold;
Sweeter also than syrup
or honey from the comb.
R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart. Psalm 19 reminds us of The Truth we have in Jesus and His Church!
Dad giving me a lesson today in Morning prayer in his well worn prayer book left behind for me after we shared prayer together for 6 months in our farm monastery! I am transported to sitting at his feet and being taught by my wise father, who was a permanent deacon in The Catholic Church for 44 years after bringing our family of 13 into The Church 50 years ago! Each day since has been a blessing to me! And the gift of sharing my Faith with both my parents with no reservations was the greatest gift and JOY I could have ever asked for! How I miss them to the bottom of my heart, yet I am given so much each day with the daily prayer books they left behind for me!
A year ago was Birdie Barbara's Baptism day! So to read this today is very powerful and special from mom and Pope Benedict XVI! With Magdalene waiting for her Baptism til her dad returns from Afghanistan... prayer surrounds her...
Dad's man, Brother Victor, today... The Holy Spirit has been so at work in my life! I am overwhelmed by The LOVE!
I had a fun job of making a rock crossing for the 4 wheeler through this muddy waterway with rocks picked from the field across the road.
Trailer full of rocks... I also found myself rock hunting as I have always had a love for rocks! I even found some fossils to my surprise.
Out of the wagon and now more able to cross without sinking into the mud.It was fun to put the them in the water, as they are more visible - pretty granite and some fossils too. I sure do love rocks from my days of walking down the beach by Lake Michigan and fossil hunting with my sister, Mary, over 60 years ago! An idyllic childhood, and according to my husband I was spoiled by my getting out of the City for the summer and living at the lake. How I miss my Lake Michigan!




No comments:
Post a Comment