The picturesque scene was a sight to behold a few minutes ago, as Maria read 4 of the 5 - 2 year old David had to go to bed as he was too tired to listen to stories - I am rediscovering the things that can keep kids quiet and calm - stories are number 1 on the list! They are all now in their rooms for quiet time with books or sleeping for the 3 youngest, but the older two might just end up taking a Sunday nap too!
Last night before they headed up the "upward trail." WE had prayer time with the raucous bunch. We have been reminded that the little ones love to sing at prayertime and what a wonderful fun type of prayer and worship that is! Grandma bought them these warm sleeper jammies for Christmas so............I needed to get pictures right?
The two Daves seem to know grandma's wishes... The songs that seem to come to mind now with the kids and with my own kids at prayer time were ingrained in me at Family Camp! Growing up Protestant and the eldest daughter of a Presbyterian minister in Flint, Mich... our church every summer had a number of family camps at a campsite outside of the city a ways. I remember that my mom with her huge family of 7 kids down to babies in diapers - cloth at that time - would just dread the cabin and hauling all of our clothes and needed things for the week.
The two Davids are a year and a half apart.. it looks like a lot now, but in their lifetime it will get to a smaller and smaller difference! Back to my mom and Family Camp. I have fond memories of family camp, and the crafts, and the time singing on the big hill over the lake are very big for me! We would have time swimming and boating - row - with my dad and mom. Although mom was usually occupied with the little ones and their needs. The songs that we would sing have really stuck with me. I hugely recall singing with great emotion and a feeling of closenesss to God - How Great Thou Art while looking out over the lake and the beauty of nature!
Last night the big hit was the Bible song! "The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me. I stand alone with the Word of God. The B-I-B-L-E!" Yes, it is Protestant,but it is still fun for the little ones. It starts out slow, and then each time you sing it... it gets faster, with clapping of the hands to amp up the beat each time... and the dancing kids get more animated, and even little Dave was doing his "riverdance" steps! And the last really fast time through - you end with a loud shout of - "Hey!" " More" and "more" the kids asked for, and the dance, and worship in every possilbe way was fun, and happy, and joyful, and childlike! Daddy, Paul, called from Atlanta...so the singing was our prayers, as the 3 each took a turn talking to dad, before they headed to bed! Then the old Family Camp favorite that my kids remember too - "We're on the upward trail," came in handy as they climb the stairs to bed.
We got a lot of smiles, and some comments about having the 5 at church today... it was funny to see Simon watching the action inside the piano... the pianist even had to play a few extra verses just to humor the kids - Thank you! Christ's baptism today! That is the mystery, that I have started to use daily to pray for my 5 Godchildren, with the rosary every day... I am seeing the results from my daily prayers for them, as I do for my kids and grandkids! With the quiet in the house - I am yearning to go, and have my time for my 9 decades of the rosary, and lifting up so many!
The picture captures some of the craziness that happens with 5 from 6 on down! First they were all fighting over great grandma's walker, and then it was the exercise bike! Time to go and feed the many mouths - I am having a lot of sympathy for both of our mother's, and each having to feed so many morning, noon and night!
The first reading today from Isaiah is amazing! Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7"Thus says the Lord: Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit; He shall bring forth justice to the nations, not crying out,not shouting, not making his voice heard in the street. A bruised reed he shall not break, and a smoldering wick he shall not quench... I have grasped you by the hand; I have formed you and set you as a light for the nations, to open the eyes of the blind , to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness."
Having so many little ones around, and realizing how many times in a day they need to be corrected, and encouraged, and protected from harm... it is a reminder of the gentle ways that the Lord deals with us in our weakened and sinful state! He treats us as a loving parent... in the way that He cares for our needs, and if there is the slightest glimmer of light and life... he will bring it to flame with his mercy and heart burning with love for us!
Sweet Savior..."Through the mystery of the Baptism of the Lord, whenever we regard our sins we see something more; Jesus Christ who comes to be present with us, even identifying with us sinners. Whenever we look at our sins we see Someone looking at us with love. We face our sins because of the gaze of that face." You had no sin, but wanted to show us that we need to come to you to be washed clean, and to humbly accept your loving and forgiving mercy! Jesus, we trust in you, and thank you for the lessons we learn on how to love and trust through little children. Amen and Halleluia!Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world
Whether you're rich or whether you're poor
It matters not to Him
He remembers where you're going
Not where you've been
Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world
If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget
Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world
All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure
Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world
Author unknown - I googled it and found these other verses... pretty cool!



No comments:
Post a Comment