Saturday, January 8, 2011

"It is your face, O Lord, that I seek." Psalm 27:8

For the next 5 days... this will be the scene around here... Maria is in charge of watching Ruth's kids, while they are away on a conference.   All 5 have had their emotions come out at one time or another today.  Different parenting styles will make it all of a challange from both perspectives... pick your battles.  Peace is foremost in my theory of the next few days...
To be honest... I am a bit apprehensive and overwhelmed this morning... the super grandma is liking her solitude... especially when I am trying to write... If this seems a bit choppy and scattered ... it's because there is a bit of a zoo going on here.  I want to see the Lord's face at work in this so badly... hence my title today.  It is a prayer that I am repeating over and over within my shell shocked spirit! 
The youngest by more than a year... 1 year old Davey was the only quiet one... he seemed to just take it all in as the others were all having their issues...  He found peace within himself.  I think that I need to take a lesson from him.  I will take heart in the Hallel psalm from mass today - Psalm 149!
"Sing to the Lord a new song" - as Veggie tales is on in the background - I think that my prayers are being answered?!?  "God is bigger than the boogie man!"
Let them praise the Lord in the festive dance, - as activity is going on in all directions!
For the Lord loves his people,
and he adorns the lowly with victory.  - Today I am very lowly and overwhelmed, Dear Lord.
Let the faithful exult in glory;
let them sing for joy upon their couches; - that couch might be something longed for!
Let the high praises of God be in their throats.
This is the glory of all the faithful.  Halleluia!"  Lord, help me to be trusting and faithful!
May the peace of the Lord come and dwell within us and may we see your face in those around us - our families on this snowy weekend... Little ones are asking me to read a book... that will be peaceful island in the midst of this day filled with your face in those little ones.  Amen and Halleluia! 
Bless-bless, Barb
"The Lord takes delight in his people."  Psalm 149: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment