Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mary and Cowardly Clyde.

My granddaughter, Mary, and I have a very close relationship.  I was her daycare provider for the first 3 years of her life.  While mom would work half time as a nurse at the hospital... I would watch her and Simon and then David too!  When I was called away to be with John on his cancer journey that all changed.  Now Mary goes to preschool 3 afternoons a week, and her other grandma has started watching the kids while Ruth works... Our favorite book, Cowardly Clyde  by Bill Pete, and one that we have read hundreds of time mostly the fast way... in my own words as the pages turn like a movie... now the last year of so we have started actually reading all of the words.  Today Mary was here, and I was delighted to have her "read" it to her younger brother, David!    I smiled from the kitchen as she got to the page where the "giant owl-eyed ox-footed ogre" comes into the sun - "The sun, I hate the sun!" And the then next page...."Kerpuffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  As he explodes into oblivion!  Too fun! 
All the joy and fond memories with my wonderful little ones continue on in special ways!   A grandmother's fondest wish... for the continued blessings of little ones to warm and color her world! And it is the most amazingly beautiful piece of artwork in progress that you could ever imagine... with all kinds of shapes and the colors of the rainbow - yes, many rainbows too!  Thank you Lord!  The gift of family cannot ever be compared to any others in this world of ours!  By far more wonderful than any riches or things!  Jesus, we trust in you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment