Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Mom, have you seen how beautiful Nancy looks pregnant?" from her brother, John.

I did see beautiful glowing Nancy last weekend and had my camera with me, but didn't seem to snap any to show you,so I am happy to share some from their wonderful wedding on August 28th.  We are in touch with them right now as John is with them and they are watching and cheering for the Pittsburg Steelers at their home.  Bill is from Uniontown which is about an hour from Pittsburg - HE and Nancy as well as his parents and grandparents all have their jerseys on and are waving their "terrible towels."  John is overjoyed to see his special sister married and pregnant! 

John and I have spent so much time together and every possible thing that you could ever think of over the last year and a half!  His sisters have all been there for him, and were all gathered around him as he faced the hard decisions or procedures!  Nancy has been huge in his life as she not only taught him English for his last two years of high school, but also was his speech coach!  It gives him so much joy to welcome his great new brother in law, Bill, and to see how joyfully they are at expecting their baby in June!  They waited and prayed and the Lord answered their plea!

As the years passed... we hurt for Nancy to be alone as the others wed and had families - now is her turn to bask in the glow of the life within her filling her with LIFE and LOVE!  Jesus, the answer to prayers are sometimes longer in coming than we had hoped for, but in a very powerful way - that wait makes it all the sweeter if we have kept ourselves strong and pure for the one you have chosen for us!  And then to have that love bear fruit in the gift of a child!  There is no better result - faithful, fruitful, and free.  What joy!  Now to see her showing that fruitfulness is filling her brother and family with much happiness.  Nancy has been blessed and her many prayers have been answered!  Jesus, we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!
By the time John had brought me down the aisle - I was overwhelmed by the immensity of the year that we had been through together... John's battle with brain cancer and healing, Susan joining the Community of the Lamb in France while John, Nancy and I were there to watch her become little sister Hallel, and Nancy to wed Bill - her long awaited for love!  Little did I know that there was more to come with the fruitfulness of their LOVE in the blessing of a new life within her!  So it continues... Bless-bless, Barb

CS Lewis “Lust is a weak, poor, whimpering, whispering thing when compared with that richness and energy of desire which will arise when lust has been killed.”


JP2 “Real love is demanding, I would fail in my mission if I did not tell you so. Love demands a personal commitment to the will of God.”

JP2 “Young people of every continent, do not be afraid to be the saints of the new millennium! Be contemplative, love prayer, be coherent with your faith and generous in your service of brothers and sisters, be active members of the Church and builders of peace. To succeed in this demanding project of life, continue to listen to his word, draw strength from the sacraments, especially the Eucharist and penance. The Lord waits you to be intrepid apostles if his Gospel and builders of a new humanity.” 

I am off into the blowing snow to work overnight at the nursing home.  Jesus,  I need you to be with me and use me to your honor and glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment