Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am shaking today after being bashed...

The cows and calves are back across the road, and they are a feast to the eyes as the sun was setting the other night.  I am literally shaking from the inside out this morning... I noted that a friend had mentioned on Facebook that others should join her in supporting the Repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act.  It saddened me to see this and I felt that I needed to respond and tried to do it in a loving way...
"I am saddened by this. There is much wisdom in our Church - please research this more ,and truly understand this. It sounds like a loving choice, but truly it is misled and misguided love. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless"  This is what I wrote to her with a heavy heart and deep felt sincerity! The resulting responce was filled with anger and hate, and said that my response was filled with "hatred and bigotry."  This is so wrong!  I feel none of that for these individuals, and only love for them, and the hand that life has dealt them! 
Bean picking at sunset...
I am currently listening to Archbishop John Nienstedt speaking to me about the sacrament of Marriage... I have watched this many times now, and am just trying to refresh my heart, and soul, and mind with the Church teaching on the Sacrament of Marriage!  "Children suffer... without the blessing of two parents coming together in marriage." 

"Children need both a mom and a dad working together... Marriage is not about the just about the happiness of the adults...marriage is mutual, exclusive and open to life."   The teaching of the Church - "Marriage is the union of one man and one woman."  As I listen to the Archbishop speak... I am jotting down some quotes.  "To protect the Truth of marriage being one man and one woman...we need to let the people speak."  I am afraid of the results of this, when I see how some that are in our Church are misled to turn away from this Truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X605sQs35Pg&feature=related This is the video - One Man, One Woman, Marriage and the Common Good. Watch it again, to remind yourself of the Truth that our Church is holding out to us in all of it's wisdom!  "Only through a marital union do a husband and wife bring forth new life."   Why does it matter if a child has a mother and father?  The suffering to the children, the mother, who is left to handle it alone, or the father that is not there. 

"It sounds good, but it's not good and sound." Rev Martin Luther King - "A just law is a law, that is in line with the moral code or law."  Trying to pass a law making same sex marriage the same as the marriage between a man and a woman..."For that kind of law to be just (right) it must, then be square with the natural law." 
Speaking about those with Same sex attraction... Fr Paul Check - Courage!  http://couragerc.net/   This site is designed to those that have the attraction, and want to follow the Truth.  It calls them to embrace "chasitity in their hearts" and to live a life of prayer - supporting one another through the Word and the Sacraments!  Isee it as difficult, yet a call much like Hallel's in living a life with Our Lord always at your side - helping you carry this huge cross that you have been given.  Read His Word to us - this is exactly what He asks of us, as His followers! All 3 Gospels - Mt10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23..."If you want to come after me, you must forget yourself, take up your cross and follow me."  Then John says this...John 8: 12..."I am the Light of the world.  Whoever follows me will have the light of life and never walk in darkness." 
  I see with the eyes and heart of the Church, and how they are wanting for us to #1 reach heaven, and #2 find true happiness here on earth.  That is so clearly why they are trying to share the truth with us about protecting the Truth of marriage, and helping those with same sex attractions to find a holy and beautiful path... walking hand and hand with our loving and forgiving Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! 

Lord, and your Holy Mother, and your earthy Father, St Joseph... You modeled for us the Holy Family!  May we look to you and pray to you daily for our "domestic Church" - our family!  There are so many issues and lies that we face within our marriage and with our children.  We vow to bring them up as "lights" to the world, but that is so challanging and difficult to manage.  Satan makes lies and sins look to be "love and loving choices" when in reality they are ways of leading us down the wide path to death!  Protect us and with the help of the wisdom of our amazing Catholic Church.  Give us the strength to take the arrows from the enemy, and the personal attacks from those that have been blinded and misled by the lies of the world.  May we respond with love, and compassion, and PRAYER!   Holy Family we turn this crazy world over to you, and trust in your intercession!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph, we trust in you!  Amen, Hosanna, and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb
"Trust Christ; listen attentively to his teachings, fix your eyes on his face, persevere in listening to his Word. Allow him to focus your search and your aspirations, all your ideals and the desires of your heart." -- Pope John Paul II


No comments:

Post a Comment