A week ago I was in sunflower fields in France... "The song is unfinished; how shall we complete it?" from the opening song in morning prayer... see
http://www.magnificat.com/ caught my eye and imagination this morning, as I am rushing to get ready to go to the fair and work in the Open Class building registering those bringing in art work and photos. It is a melody to my song that has been sweet and familiar for probably over 15-20 years of my married life. It started with my kids involvement in 4H, and my love of taking pictures of my 5 kids and hunky husband on the farm... I discovered open class photography and shared my life through the lens of a camera... and then it only made sense that I should be asked to help with the actual workings of it.

So with pictures from our week in France, and now having some time off for lunch and the heat of the fair... I will continue to reflect upon the "song" of my life. After spending a week with the Community of the Lamb and the beauty of their singing at all of their prayer and celebrations. You feel as though you are listening to angels in heaven... the 4 part harmony and the beauty of the words and the glorious worshipful praise and joy... There is no doubt that they are aware profoundly of the Lord's presence in His Word and in the Sacraments - especially the Eucharist.

The Word is processed in before the Gospel with candles, and incense, and hands raised, and all eyes fixed on the Word, and all faces alight with joy and delight! Tears flowed as we watched our daughter's face alight with love and devotion to Jesus in His Word! How she loves HIM in the Words of Life... he left us in His Word of God!

Going to mass at the college on the weekend... it felt lacking not to raise hands and praise Him in His Word to the highest heaven! Many times the "Halleluias!" are raised in voice to honor and praise HIM! In my heart the song went on and on and fervent and heartfelt and I could join with them in France. He was there with us, and of that there was no doubt!

So my heart remains in France, and at mass I find myself being much more aware and full of praise for Jesus, as he appears to us in the Word, and Banquet of Life! So the song of life goes forth changed and made more beautiful by all the elements and experiences of life. Now France and Michigan have colored by world with many beautiful melodies and symphonies and angelic voices... I love to think that my song will continue to be written and sung.

I am always touched to know that the little ones/grandchildren are hearing such wonderful music in their exposure to all the amazing experiences through Hallel's journey and the experiences of faith through the wonderful Catholic parents they have been blessed with. To see the joy in the face of my 1 1/2 year old David when we sing...."Jesus, Jesus. Jesus in the morning. Jesus in the noontime. Jesus, Jesus. Jesus, when the sun goes down." So precious!

Lord, I thank you for the song in my heart that takes me to a deeper, more glorious place of love and joy and peace and happiness. True Happiness and not the false kind, which the pleasures of life try to make you confused and misled! May our song be always in our hearts and always continuing on and unfinished as we follow you down the narrow path of life. Jesus, we praise you and trust in you! Amen and Halleluia and Hosanna!

Bless-bless, Barb
"The song is unfinished; how shall we complete it,
and where find the skills to perfect God's praise?
At work in all places, he cares for all peoples-
how great is the Lord to the end of all days!"
to be sung to WE Gather Together
"How many your works,O Lord!
In wisdom you have made them all.
The earth is full of your riches.
I will sing to the Lord all my life,
make music to my God while I live.
May my thoughts be pleasing to him.
I find my joy in the Lord.
Bless the Lord, my soul."
Psalm 104 - A Hallel Psalm!
No comments:
Post a Comment