Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fair weather clouds- good planting!

Yes, we went to tracks this year!  All the grandsons are very excited about it, and I think that their grandpa, great-uncle and daddy think that it is pretty nice too!  This is Paul's field close to town - the first one dry enough to start on today... the clouds add a beautiful backdrop!  I was here to pick up Pat and take him to get the water truck - needed to put on the chemical.
On the way home I looked up to see this cross in the sky - yes, I know that it is two jets whose streams have crossed each other, but it still is kind of cool to see it up there blessing our farm and our fields on this glorious day of the beginning of planting!  Jesus, we thank you for the rain, for the sun, for the nice black soil that is working up so nicely, and for the warmth surrounding those corn seeds as they go into the earth.  Keep the farmers safe as they go late tonight!

A blesssing over our farm as I drove up to it this morning... then to sit in the Church and hear the babbling and gurgling of the baptismal font... it was the exact sound of the creek rushing down the banks as I stood in it yesterday in the pasture - at the foot of the cross!  The sound of lifegiving water - "If anyone thirst, let him come to me and drink."  John 7:37  How my thirst is quenched as I sit there in the ocean of LOVE! 

A beautiful new tree in full bloom where my old rose bush used to be made a glorious banner beneath the steeple of the huge Church!  We praise you to the highest heavens our Lord and our King!  Your beautiful creation salutes YOU! 

 Some time with dad on the grass by his field... the attack of the dandylion! 

Daddy jungle gym... while the field is getting close to being planted...

Landmark day - first day of planting April 24, 2012!  Bless-bless,Barb and the farming Verlys and Lanoues!

No comments:

Post a Comment