Reading your sharing this morning on caringbridge - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gagedriver... I have read it and reread it over and over with fresh tears each time. Especially how Gage's little brother, Ben, has been taught "how to care" by the Cross of cancer/loss of Gage from this earth. It brought back to me these two crosses that I have seen in the last two days... One was this one in the sky as we had just started planting the crop - my husband, Pat, is a farmer in Southwest Minnesota. It reminds me of the very hard and powerful lesson we learned on our brain cancer journey with our son, John, almost 3 years ago... that Jesus is in control of ALL we face on our journey of life. Now looking at this with your pain and loss in mind.... I just thought that it could give you hope and comfort and assurance that little sweet Gage is truly at Peace with Christ!
This is the second Cross that I was blessed with the day before, as we were out on a hill overlooking the creek in the back pasture fixing fence. I looked down to see that the place where we cross to get from one side to the other with the 4 wheeler had formed a cross with the glistening gurgling creek running through it. I was able to spend some time with my shoes off walking in the cool water and reflecting on how lifegiving is the Cross in our lives. It is through the Cross that we come to the Resurrection. And for Gage that is certainly true! It sounds from your sharing that it has brought your family into deeper ways "to care" for one another in love. May this hard time only strengthen your faith, and I know already that you are ministering to others through your compassion caused by such deep pain!
Bless-bless, Pat, Barb and John Verly and family
No comments:
Post a Comment