Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"So I gaze on you in the sanctuary..." Psalm 63

Reading time before bed last night reaffirmed the wonder and glorious experience I had yesterday with my Lord in Adoration!  This quote from Blessed Teresa of Calcutta in it's entirity - "The time you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time you will spend on earth.  Each moment that you spend with Jesus will deepen your union with him and make your soul everlastingly more glorious and beautiful in heaven and will help bring about everlasting peace on earth."  I have always said that it is the best hour that I have every week, and that it sincere!  How I love to feel the peace and love pour over me, as I sit at his feet and hold up to him all those that I have with me on my journey called LIFE!  I with 10 siblings and Pat with 9 - that adds up to a very long litany of people young to old that I place there in the monstrance with HIM!  "Jesus and Mary, I love you...save souls." 
"The act of adoration outside Mass prolongs and intensifies all that takes place during the liturgical celebration itself.  It is precisely this personal encounter with the Lord that then strengthens the social mission contained in the Eucharist, which seeks to break down not only the walls that seperate the Lord and ourselves, but also the walls that seperate us from one another."  Pope Benedict XVI
With the wondrous Gospel from today - the Road to Emmaus - Luke 24: 13-35 ringing in my heart and soul and ears... "And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it them.  With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him...  Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?"  It just seems that when I am in His presence that the prayer is so insightful and that things come to me that I know are promptings from the Holy Spirit!  And I have seen answers to prayers in the lives of those lifted up in prayer! 
"So I gaze on you in the sanctuary
to see your strength and your glory.
For your love is better than life,
my lips will speak your praise. 
So I will bless you all my life,
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet,
my mouth shall praise you with joy."
Psalm 63 - so beautifully did David put into words the reality of Adoration!  I do find that my hands are uplifted often in my prayer in praise and supplication!  So powerful and amazing and REAL!

The same feeling of healing and joy that the crippled man experienced today in Acts!  "He leaped up, stood and walked around, and went into the temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God."  Acts 3: 1-10  I have experienced this as I am called to be there with HIM!  Even just in town running some errands with a few minutes to stop and sit close to the tabernacle and gaze upon HIM!  I am at peace yet inside I am walking and leaping and praising God for His unconditional LOVE for me and the LIFE that I am allowed to have here on earth - LIFE in and with HIM! 

Jesus, I love and praise you for your presence in this world... You are there is a solid form, and we can bow down before you in worship and honor.  The peace that passes understanding washes over me, and I know that you are listening with your lifegiving love and life!  Jesus, I am less than what I can be for you in this world... may my light shine as a beacon for others to come to know you.  Jesus, I need you and wish to serve you with all that I am!  Jesus, thank you for this wonderful way that you  are there for me - may I carry your peace and love forward into my domestic Church - my family, into my work, into the ways that I am called to serve those around me.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb
"The Church and the world have a great need of Eucharistic worship.  Jesus waits for us in this sacrament of LOVE.  Let us be generous with our time in going to meet him in adoration and in contemplation that is full of faith and ready to make reparation for the great faults and crimes of the world.  May our adoration never cease." 
Blessed John Paul II in his 1980 letter Dominicae Cenae (On the Mystery and Worship of the Eucharist)

No comments:

Post a Comment