I feel like I had fun making this work of art on my photo program... it is uncertain if our apples will make it this year. The way they started to blossom a month early and then to have 3 nights with killing frost... I just took these as I was out mowing, and they look OK, but I do see some brown on some of the blossoms. I have heard that big orchards are really worried that they will not have apples to speak of this year. When Nancy heard that we might end up with next to no apples,she was wondering how Gus will handle it. Just as all of our kids and grandkids ahead of him... applesauce is the covering that gets them to eat a lot of things like brocolli or squash or whatever is on their plates that they are not too thrilled with eating! Not having the applesauce to make and eat will be a huge loss for us. We still have some, but it goes quickly around here with the grandkids and Pat mostly!
Jesus, it still looks like they have survived the frost. It is so important to apple farmers and for all of those that follow the saying - "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Protect the apple trees and give them the rain and warmth they need to have a good crop this year. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia!
So very beautiful even on this dark and dreary day - may it mean rain for us!
Bless-bless, Barb
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
No comments:
Post a Comment