Monday, April 16, 2012

Song and picture for Gage's family

A hospice bell graces my Mary garden... my 3 1/2 year old grandson, David, unexpectedly stopped in today, and we went out to see the apple blossoms.  We decided to pick a branch for him to take home to his mom.  While were walking past my Mary garden, he showed his branch to our Spiritual Mother, and then being the curious boy that he is... he noticed the bell hanging from the branch behind her with the other windchimes.  It was my hospice bell that I have had there for years through the windy prairie days and nights.  I told David about a little boy named Gage, who is the same age as his older brother, Simon, and that he had died the day before.  Dave was very interested in the bell, and I told him that he was ringing it for Gage.
 We were thinking and praying for you at this most difficult time... Jesus, we know that little Gage is now in your arms in heaven.  We struggle to understand the mystery of your wanting him now, but we try to Trust in you.  May your comfort rest upon those that are aching to hold little Gage these days ahead.  Jesus, hold them close to your heart burning with love for them.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
http://www.godvine.com/Your-Guardian-Angel-Beautiful-Cover-by-2-Guys-1341.html  I have listened to this song numerous times today - It came to me on Facebook this morning, and it seems to be connected to Gage.  Maybe it means that losing Gage will keep us on the path to heaven.  I know that those I have loved and lost do that for me, and it is a great GIFT!  John, our son who faced brain cancer almost 3 years ago... took Gage in his heart to mass last evening... he called as he was leaving for church at 5p and was praying for him from 5p-6p at church with Our Lord!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb Verly and family

No comments:

Post a Comment