Newsboys singing God's not dead - He's surely alive!
I just have to share this here. I have been reading my blog in print about the time I spent in El Paso from a year ago today for a month. You can find it from Sept 27- Oct 27, 2012 by going back in my blog. I also wrote a page about my little Lamb, Patrick Joseph, http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
While reading it I was reminded of this song, which grandson David would belt out on a regular basis, and the Truth of it's message gave us HOPE and Courage to face all of that came with the birth born dead of Patrick after 20 minutes without oxygen! This is on in the background as I am writing now, and it is truly the theme of Patrick! I am overwhelmed by the picture of Patrick today, compared to the doubtful future he faced at the weeks after his traumatic birth! There was mention of certain disabilities that they would bravely face in the future and now he is discharged and charging ahead into LIFE with great health and excitement! I think of his big brother, David, singing - "roaring like a lion!!!!" like he is truly roaring! Now I hear of Patrick running around the house with his sword and shield, wresting with dad, brother and sister, and getting potty trained at under a year old by mom! He is truly roaring like a lion of great strength and courage - healed and a beacon of LIGHT to the world in his message of HOPE and JOY!
It was special to share with a Catholic resident at the Nursing Home in the early morning that today was the special feastday of St Vincent De Paul - we smiled at each other knowing that we both appreciated sharing this knowledge. St Vincent has such a heart for the poor - I am sure that the Holy Father Francis had much to say about his day in the Church and his great work that continues on in city after city in this world! "Three centuries later , The followers of St Vincent de Paul still work tirelessly for charity and justice. His name is still synonymous with care for the poor. In twenty-first century LA, everyone knows where to send the down-on-their-luck family who need clothes, pots and pans, or furniture: the football arena-sized Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Thrift Store." Heather King
Jesus, there are so many blessings that cover us with each new day! The days are different and we are called to make the most of them, and to look to YOU in all. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Bless-bless, Barb
For safety for all those taking out the crop - be with the farmers, O Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment