Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bean harvest has begun!

No, one year old Rose is not harvesting them.  I have only heard that they have begun - I have not been out with a camera to show you the big equipment at work, but there will be plenty of those this fall.  Rose is much cuter after all.  I will be working overnight at the nursing home, so I have been resting up to be alert and do a good job.  Lord, go with me - I need YOU.
A soybean centerpiece along with some ears of corn from the field just here by the garden - Pat was pretty impressed by the size of the ears, but they might have gotten some of the watering of the garden helping them.  This harvest will be interesting with the drought speeding it up as well as taking away from our bushels.  I took this photo of the apple pie filling we made from 4 pails of apples the other day - Ruth took a dozen with her, so there would be 12 more jars = 66 quarts and 3 pies! 
A beautiful fall evening and we are announcing that harvest has begun - praying for safety for all those farming/taking the crop out.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Bless-bless, Barb
I just wanted to add one more of Patrick in the water park - look at that happy boy go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment