I am tired beyond tired tonight - we turned 4 pails of apples into 70 quarts of apple pie filling! Turning the corer peeler for 4 hours has given me a tired neck and shoulder that are calling for a nice warm soak in the bathtub. Ruth and I work so well together that it is like a factory assembly line. Today she did the stove work and I just sat and put apple after apple through the corer peeler. The apples were wonderful to work with and we had David come and help out time to time. He is such a willing and fun worker in the kitchen!
The view I had - David very intent upon his job. Now to the tub. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Bless-bless,Barb
The corer peeler saved us hours of hand work... thank goodness for modern conveniences! I made 3 pies and they taste very good, and will throughout the next year.
Pat took over so I could have a lunch break - I found out that I am faster than he is at this job. It must be all the experience I have at it. And Yes - that it a garbage barrel of apples! Ruth and Paul ran out of pails and put 3 pails of apples in a garbage barrel - it sure was nice to see the bottom of that after a very long day!
No comments:
Post a Comment