Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallow's Eve - vigil of All Saints Day!

When you think about the holiday we are celebrating today with so much time, energy and money... Halloween - are we aware of what we are truly celebrating?  I don't think so. It truly makes it kind of crazy to realize that it is the vigil of All Saints Day that we are making into this big crazy holiday of witches, gouls and goblins!  Look the work Ruth poured into her kids as those adorable creatures from the Wizard of Oz!  Too amazing for words - only a picture can do them justice and I will be the first stop tonight on their journey down the yellow brick road!  Although Mary chose the Wicked Witch - it is only a costume and these are truly being raised to be Saints and LIGHTS to the world!  Tomorrow at noon another brother will join them at noon, and we will all rejoice that a little new LIGHT/LIFE/LOVE has entered the world on the feast day of all feast days - All Saints Day!  It happens to be Hallel's feast day too, and we will be calling her with the arrival and that elusive name we are awaiting to hear!

On our journey to Jackson for John's new job yesterday. We talked about John and his sisters - being the youngest of 4 older sisters, and very close to especially the one just above him - Susan/Hallel - it only makes sense that we would talk about them.  There is a huge family history with John and Sue.. he knows that she saved his young life when he was around 2 and walking into a shed as Pat was backing out a tractor.  He also looked up to her in high school and watched her being loving towards all.  Here they are in one of those crazy years without a theme, and the kids just chose their look.  John wore that old grey/blond wig quite a few years as a old woman, and I think Sue was a tooth fairy this year.  After John speaking so lovingly about Susan/Hallel yesterday and how much he would love to have her close by to share with - his deep fears and anxieties of taking this big lonesome step in his life away from all that he knows - this picture taken on Halloween probably almost 20 years ago is just special and comforting for me to see here!
It will be fun to see the kids tonight, but of course my mind is focused on 24 hours from now when Ruth will be admitted and soon to have her new son!  I am also thinking a lot about John's first day alone.  But I have been getting some wonderful reminders from my ever faithful prayer partners that they are with me in this!  So powerful for me!  Thank you all!
Pat and I have the house to ourselves until the family arrives on Saturday to see the newest member.  This morning we shared morning prayer - amazing!  It was about the living water that gives us LIFE, and I was not disappointed to find the reading Isaiah 55:1 - the verse of our conversion to the Catholic Church!  Then the first reading from today was very amazing for Pat and I to share - not only is Romans amazing too, but this reading I had the honor of reading at the funeral of a wonderful TEC friend two years ago - making it very special to us!
"... in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:31-39  That pretty much covers anything, and we can take great HOPE in this promise and Truth!
A theme All Hallow's eve where Pat stepped in the house after milking the cows and took his rightful place as the Big Chief! 
Jesus, we are filled with so much today as we look to your Church at your side.  Your Bride there to give us all that we need and more with each new day!  This is such a wonderful vigil as we look with great anticipation to your celebration of All the Saints tomorrow along with the arrival of a new little precious light to the world - baby boy Lanoue!  We continue to Trust in YOU holding Ruth and her son in the palm of your hand and close to your heart burning with LOVE for them.  Nothing can rob us of the HOPE we have in YOU.  Be with John this day as he enters his path laid out before him and longs to share with the world your Truth of healing and walking among us as much today as 2000 years ago!  Come Holy Spirit and dwell within us filling us with all we need to pick up our Most Cherished Cross and follow after YOU.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Halleluia
John in Kindergarten and mom being flashy mom to embarrass him.  I always told the kids that it was my job to keep them humble and embarrass them on a regular basis.  I did it very well... just ask any of them. 
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
When Hallel left from France - the 5!
"All you who are thirsty, come to the water!  You who have no money , come, receive grain and eat; Come, without paying and without cost, drink wine and milk!"  Isaiah 55:1
Lord, I thirst for you all my LIFE and you give me more than I need - I am yours!
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
 
Retweeted Pope Francis (@Pontifex):

"Christians know how to face difficulties, trials and defeat with serenity and hope in the Lord."
Thanks Pope Francis - you knew that John and I needed to hear this today! 
casting Crowns - Praise You in the Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment