Sunday, October 6, 2013

Forgot one very important part of today - Respect LIFE Sunday!

Ruth's boys were super cute and intent upon a leaf pile yesterday in the drippy weather.  Working together - they wanted to move the leaves from under the tree they had fallen from to another spot, so they were putting them in pails and carrying them.  I asked them why they didn't just make one there, but they had a grand plan and both thought it was the way to make the leaf pile of their dreams.  I am not sure if it actually ever got jumped in, but it would have been cold and wet. 
Writing in the dark this morning - I had these adorable pictures before me as well as those of the girls out by the calves... they both pulled at my heart strings and spoke to me of a lot of what makes me happy and reminds me of my life as I was born on this day 62 years ago.  Leaf piles are much remembered over the years - out with the kids at Camden State park really is a big memory!  One thing that I have noticed about leaf piles is that they don't make for the best pictures... I do recall one year at the glorious campus on St Catherine's, where I happened to graduate college, and those were beautiful pictures!  Me and my pictures - that certainly is what makes me tick!  This blog has been such a gift to me to be able to share my pictures - some say too much! 
The girls thought it was funny to see Lilly licking Snow Crystal's nose... there is always entertainment to be had outside with the animals on the farm.
Today is also Respect LIFE Sunday so that is something that really is at the core of ME!  LIFE is the heart of my marriage and my LIFE with HIM, Jesus Christ, as I carry my Most Cherished Cross and follow after HIM down the narrow path.  Finding through embracing my Cross a small slice of Heaven - LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  We are soon to Skype with Maria and family in Texas, so I will end this for now.  Off to mass with my husband and son... I expected Pat to be in the field, but the day long rain/mist allows me to have a rare birthday with him and John.  Thank you, Our Lady for hearing my prayer.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barb
+Respect Life+



Prayer for Reverence of Life

"All mighty God, giver of all that is good. We thank you for the precious gift of human life.

For life in womb, coming from your creative power
For the life of children, making us glad with their freshness and promise
For the life of young people, hoping for a better world
For the life of the handicapped and disabled, teaching us humility
For the life of the elderly, witnessing the ageless values of patience and wisdom.

Like Blessed Mary, may we always say yes to your gift. May we defend it and promote it from conception to it's natural end and bring us at last oh Father to eternal life, in Jesus Christ our lord. AMEN "
My gift from Johnny - a photo with mom on her birthday!  My kids know what makes me tick!
Wonderfully made - Psalm 139 by Danielle Rose
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment