Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dreams and Reality

Just before waking this morning I was dreaming about Lake Michigan.  There was that firm feeling of how I knew that my time there was sadly coming to an end and that I wanted to keep the beauty and glory of it deep in my heart!  With each moment that I could expand the time there - I cherished that time and yearned to continue on and on.  This is a reality for me.  When I am there I store it all up inside with a true sense that this is what I consider paradise... and when I look at the constant pictures I take - I see that I am trying to keep it always to relive and to look at with a longing to return.  I know that the reason for this runs very deep in the memories I have of our times there as a girl growing up going there summer after summer.  I now understand that this began with my mother and her parents sharing this same experience before me.  I really got in touch with this through a story my mother wrote called Treasures and it was a gift to read that with my kids and grandkids this summer.  My granddaughter, Mary, and I would then do some illustrations together to really make it special.  Now I am seeing that this deep longing/love for the Big Lake Michigan and our time there has become a love for my grandchildren also, and so is carried on and on. 
I think that this depth came into my dreams this morning due to the Christmas Camp Family letter I wrote yesterday to my parents and siblings and their families... we are approaching 100 now with marriages and great-grands coming often - yeah LIFE!  There are two things that my parents have started as traditions in our family - Michigan and Cross Christmas Camp - that are hugely wonderful and popular and family building for our huge family!  I poured over the letter at great length yesterday - most especially the gift exchange which involves 10 grands and 26 great grands by the weekend... with 2 not quite here yet.  Spending that kind of time pondering the time we share as Family, and we try very hard to bring our Faith into it more and more.  We share the rosary in the morning together, and the last few years we have tried to begin a mass shared at the camp together... we stay at a beautiful Lutheran Camp Wapo in Wisconsin from Friday night through Sunday noon.  The first mass was shared to celebrate our 40th anniversary of all becoming Catholic - see the page I devoted to this, if you want to read about our conversion - http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html  This year Pat is so determined to get our Texas Family here that he is planning to drive there, spend a few days, and then bring them back in time for Christmas camp!  That is a man, who longs to have his family together!
Bernadette had her first summer time in Michigan... she loved the sugar sand, and really just played in it without eating too much.
Just coming from this dream world of longing for the sand and the Big Lake to gaze upon... I then read this article shared on facebook about a medical student, who was changed from pro-choice to pro-life by observing an abortion - http://www.lifenews.com/2013/10/15/pro-choice-medical-student-witnesses-abortion-becomes-pro-life/
It would be good to take the time to read it, and for me with all my years working at Birthright it just seems amazing to me that he didn't truly know that it is a tiny perfect life with beating heart and arms and legs...
"The student was haunted by what he saw:
I have not been able to think of anything since yesterday at 10:30 besides what that baby boy might have been. I don’t think that people realize what an abortion actually is until they see it happen. I have been tortured by these images – so real and so vivid – for two days now…and I was just a spectator.
Never again will I be pro-choice, and never again will I support the murder of any human being, no matter their stage in life.
Unlike the vast majority of abortions, this baby was mourned. Someone felt sadness and horror at his death. Thousands of babies like him are suctioned out of their mothers’ wombs every day. They are rejected by their mothers and regarded as medical waste by their killers. Society allows these babies to die silently, with no recognition or acknowledgment of their humanity. This little baby boy will never have a name. He will never take a breath of air, never pet a dog, never watch a sunset, never ride a bike… He will never experience all the things that you and I take for granted. But this baby, perhaps, did not die entirely in vain – his tragic death revealed the truth to this young man. And those of you who are reading this article now know about this baby’s death."
I was struck by the reality of this world after coming from the dream world of a supposed paradise.  There is no escape for us into these perfect places, and we must in all ways and at all times fight the lies about LIFE!  We must shout at the top of our lungs and with flying fingers that from conception to natural death - it is a LIFE and should be cherished and protected at all costs! 

Jesus, how we long to find that happiness in this world and escape from the ugliness of sin and death.  Yet we are called to arm ourselves with LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE and go forth showing your Truth to all that we encounter.  If only by our actions and our example!  We must remember your merciful forgiveness and mercy - yet not water down or make grey your Truth!  "all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.  They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his Blood, to prove him righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed, through the forbearance of God - to prove his righteousness in the present time, that he might be righteous and justify the one who has faith in Jesus."  St Paul to the Romans in the first reading at mass today!  He also goes on to say this - "For we consider a person is justified by faith apart from works of the law."  Reminding us that with the LIFE issues we need to persevere with constant prayer and HOPE that LIFE will be valued in this world!  May we look to YOU, O Lord, and your example to us as we follow after YOU down the narrow Path to LIFE carrying our Most Cherished Cross.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barb
"I trust in the Lord;
my soul trusts in his word.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than sentinels for the dawn.
With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption."
Psalm 130 from mass today
Sweet little Rose in the cat room at the cabin...

Third Day - Cry out to Jesus
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me


No comments:

Post a Comment