I know that she is daily in front of her spouse, Jesus Christ, in loving adoration and worship! She is lifting us up to HIM and He is listening to her pleas. I am finding great comfort in this realization this week of Ruth's final days until we finally get her precious new son here safe and sound. I am laying my fears at His feet and learning to fall on my knees in constant prayer and trust. I had a most amazing conversation with a father of a large family that I have met through TEC last evening. It was one of those amazing conversations that just jumps from one life-giving Jesus-touched-me event to another. In a matter of 10 minutes I had shared about John's miraculous trip to Lourdes after his second chemo and he barely could make it to the bathroom on his own, how Fr Craig had been there and they had asked them to pour the water over his head - "That is where I need my healing." Then sharing our entire family converting to the Catholic Church and now my dad is a deacon from being a Protestant minister as I was growing up. To Hallel being a nun, and Maria spending 5 months with the Poor Clares... Just about to launch into Patrick's healing as he asked about where Maria is now, but he had to leave - who knows how long this crazy snowballing conversation that made me just stand back in awe of all the Lord has done in my life! It came rushing out of me with great JOY and like the Life-giving stream that it truly is! Too much is filling me with such wonder and awe and humility that why would my Lord be so good to undeserving me? In return I want to share with all the world that He truly LIVES and among us touching us and caring for our every need!
My picture is complete... to have all my children together in April brings great peace to my soul. I know that they all love our Church and pray for the Lord to show them their path. That has certainly been true of John, his dad, and I since he returned home from the seminary to find work. Sharing morning prayer from the office, and always trusting that the path would be shown to John. There have been disappointments along the way, and the JOY of sharing his story numerous times! How he longs to do that most of all.... knowing that the Lord has answered his prayers for Faith, and as John prays each morning - "Continue to heal my heart, O Lord." I am finding such JOY and Peace, and the strength of HOPE in reminding myself that I am HIS this day of surging seas of emotions! As I was reminded in morning prayer this morning and as little Sister Hallel reminded us when we called her on Father's Day 2009 to tell her that John had a tumor in his brain (cancer)...."Mom, do you remember the Gospel for today?" "Yes, it was Mark 4 - Jesus calming the storm." "Well, this is the storm and Jesus is in control!" "Jesus rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Quiet! be still!' The wind ceased and there was great calm." Mark 4:39
Hallel was very impressed by the changes at our Church.
Jesus, today you reminded us that we need only have the faith of a mustard seed to face all that comes to us, and to come through trusting in YOU. May we find the ways you show us your LOVE and unconditional forgiveness of all our weaknesses and sins. You lift us in your arms and protect us from the howling wolves that surround us. When the waves of feelings and fears come crashing over us and around us - you lift your hand and your voice and they follow your command to "be still!" May we know that no matter what we face - from it we will grow and become more and more yours. The glorious first reading today was so powerful for me a year ago in El Paso just days after the death brought back to LIFE birth of my grandson, Patrick... Romans 8..."We know that all creation is groaning in labor pains even until now; and not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, we also groan within ourselves as we wait for adoption..." Jesus, how we are filled with your Spirit showing us the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE! May we without hesitation or counting the cost pick up our Most Cherished Cross and follow after YOU. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Jesus said, "What is the Kingdom of God like? To what can I compare it? It is like a mustard seed that a man took and planted in the garden. When it was fully grown, it became a large bush and the birds of the sky dwelt in its branches." Luke 13:18 May that tiny seed of Faith grow and grow to fill our lives with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
My 5 with their precious grandma Ann - Ruth will have her 5 in the same number of years and only a month difference!! Talk about patterns!
I know that John is feeling alone today, and I am feeling that I want my family around me too. These pictures of them all together is a reality in our spiritual world - we are united through Faith and prayer without ceasing! Feel the LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT for it is real! John, you are never alone - you are surrounded by the LOVE and prayers of your family, so many prayer warriors, Our Lady, All the Angels and the Saints! Never alone!
Casting Crowns - Who am I?
No comments:
Post a Comment