Friday, October 25, 2013

"Oh, Oh..."

Rose might not be speaking much yet at close to 1 1/2yo, but she certainly understands and gets her point across with pointing and sounds and a few words here and there.  One precious thing that she does whenever anything happens is say - "Oh, Oh."  You know the Oh Oh I mean... like something bad has happened - Oh,Oh, I just spilled my milk on the floor.  Or Oh, oh I just dropped my spoon while trying to feed myself.  Or Oh, oh where did I put my blanket this time.  Or Oh, oh grandma you forgot to turn on Sesame Street on the TV for me to ignore while I get into mischief.  Or Oh, oh I just pooped my diaper after you just changed me.  Or Oh, oh I just bumped my head on the counter, but we usually see some tears with that one...  So, as you can see, "Oh, oh" can be both truly bad things in her eyes, or just annoying mishaps that come with learning about the world and using a spoon to eat with, but even grandma can drop that!  I find these little sweet Oh ohs very sweet and they make me smile rather than irritate me - even the one she tells me after just changing her diaper.  Is there a lesson to be learned from all this?  Yes, I think so.  Today in the Gospel Jesus tells us that we need to "settle on the way" if someone has something against us.  We need to frequent the sacrament of reconciliation and lay our burdens at his feet saying our grown up version of - "Oh oh."
Sometimes, I have to admit, it seems like Rosie gets into mischief and does something that she knows grandma doesn't want her to or has just said no to her... and then she comes up to me with her big brown eyes and goes - "oh oh" and points in that direction.  I do then feel a bit annoyed and tell her more firmly "no" and put it up so that she can no longer get into it.   How does this apply?  Yes, there are many things that we know are wrong and we go right ahead and do over and over in our sinfulness/selfishness!  As Paul tells us today in the first reading of Romans 7  "For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil that I don't want... Miserable one that I am!  Who will deliver me from this mortal body?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord."  We need to sincerely be examining our inner selves and working hard to rid ourselves of this sinfulness that we cling to.  How?   By coming to God saying "Oh oh" and falling on our faces in front of HIM and asking for his unconditional Love and Forgiveness to take the weight off our shoulders, so that we may then with new strength and purpose may shoulder our Most Cherished Cross and follow HIM down the narrow path of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! 
Who would ever want to suppress the JOY and happiness of a child with all there is to discover and grow in newness of LIFE?  Discipline is good at times, but the overwhelming feeling of wanting to forgive and forget that sweet innocent little one is so strong.  Jesus, too, with us his children tells us over and over that we need to become like these little ones to enter the kingdom of Heaven.  When we are fed at the table of LIFE, and turn to Him in our weakness through constant prayer and coming to the Sacraments and each day fortified by the Saints of each day, Our Lady and her life-line, the Rosary (Our little Rose Ida named for this as well as St Rose of Lima, Ruth's patron saint), and Angels around HIM worshiping and praising... so much to give us that finger to help us go forward and if we fall down and go boom - it hurts and we cry, but Our Loving Lord and His Mother come and lift us up and kiss us and hold us close to that heart burning with LOVE for us!  Today in morning prayer John prayed for "continued healing for my heart."  I asked him about this... "I am praying for growth in Faith when I pray for that, mom."  I shared with him that I know that the Jesuits/Pope Francis also has much devotion and looks at our human condition as from the heart. 
Jesus, thank you for the gift of LIFE that surrounds us, and all the lessons to be learned from these little ones.  You took a child and placed it in their midst when sharing how we are to approach YOU.  So many lessons come to us from them, and our feelings towards them with the endless LOVE and care is just a hint of how much unconditional LOVE and forgiveness you have for us!  May we learn to come openly to you and lay our sins at your feet in the confessional and say with a sincere heart - "Oh oh."  We have sinned, O Lord, and ask for you to help us walk away from our recurring mistakes and find the strength to come more and more into Your LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"Turn into yourself, arouse your memory, work inside your soul.  For the outward telling of your sins brings little fruit if not joined to interior repentance..."  Fr John Tauler (1361)

Ephesians 4:29-32

New International Version (NIV)
29" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."  This reading was part of morning prayer with John.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if this could be true?  Especially this time of year with all the tensions of getting the crop out.  Oh oh!
Our bins are all full already!  Please keep the farmers safe and thanks for the sun!
Veggie Tales - Cheeseburger
Happy Birthday Joseph - here is a song by Third Day for you!  I always think of your singing when I hear them.  I would love for you to put Hail Mary Full of Grace on Utube!  I would listen to it all the time.  I love that copy that Maria had from your parents house before you left for the army.  You are amazing and we thank God for you every day!  Jesus, hold Joseph close to your heart burning with LOVE for him.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Bless-bless, mom and dad Verly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment