Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In His Presence!

Little Bernadette thought that the beautiful ear of corn, picked from the field by my garden, was quite amazing... making her the brown eyed poster baby for the hope that we will finish up a few hours of bean harvest left and go on to corn.  With some days off for some gentle rains - about an inch total - we now have wind and sun through the clouds, so the farm men around here are thinking that the harvest will begin anew today!  Prayers are constant these harvest days for safety and better yields than we think, due to the months of dryness/drought. 
I have great anticipation build in me as soon as I know that it is Tuesday or Thursday... those are the days that Jesus in available for adoration in our Church!  I shared that last week I had a physical and the nurse asked me where I was going next, so I was able to share with her the wonder and awe I have at being able to spend an hour with Jesus in the monstrance!  "Become like little children."  Jesus tells us over and over...  "Only the childlike retain the child's gift of wonder.  Wondering we forget ourselves entirely, lost in what has provoked our awe.  Wonder is the wellspring of praise: we are God's children, made in his image."  see www.magnificat.com   I love this explanation of the great JOY that wells up inside of me when I am gifted with my hour with HIM in adoration!  The best hour I spend all week!  To know that Hallel and all those in her Community of the Lamb have that every day - sitting at the feet of Jesus! 
Mary and I went into the chapel of Lumen Christi/LIGHT of Christ in Kansas City a few weeks ago... just as Hallel was setting up for adoration.  It moved me to tears and very deeply to see her on her knees with her hands raised in Praise and LOVE for HIM as the priest placed Jesus in the monstrance on the altar.  To see all eyes adoring and loving HIM - so much do these represent Mary today - sitting at the feet of Jesus and taking into their hearts, minds, and souls all that He is pouring out upon us!  "Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak."  Luke 10: 38-42  Having out daughter, Susan/Little Sister Hallel, in this Community of the Lamb has led us into beautiful position of sitting at His feet listening to HIM in his Word!  We know that they mendicate/chew the Gospel starting the night before for the next day... they know that Christ is the Word made flesh, so they virtually memorize or take it within themselves and therefore when they go knocking on the door of the poor for their bread - they represent Christ knocking on the door!  Each night we read the Gospel for the next day just before we turn off the light to go to sleep, and that fills us with HIM, and great JOY at what we listen to from HIM! 
Jesus always embraces me when I have time with the Community!  I have had such glorious times at His feet in the chapel while Jesus in on the altar!  A slice of heaven here on earth!  Yesterday I truly felt like Martha with a house full of kids and much cooking and caring to do... now today the burden is lifted and I even can look forward to some time with Jesus in adoration!  Life is not only Martha or Mary, but we are blessed to have times like Mary at his feet, and those times of stress and hardship make those oasis of Peace, Love, Joy, Patience, Kindness, Forbearance, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control... the Fruits of the Spirit come to me in force... if only I could have them with me at the stressful times, O Lord, hear my prayer!
Farmboy, Gus, loves to be at his brum-brum home! 
Jesus, we are filled with our greatest happiness when we can sit at your feet and be filled with Your Truth!  However, life is does not always allow us to be there... we need to remember that those times of stress and hard work make those times we can be with YOU alone that much more wondrous!  Through the Most Cherished Cross we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, may we find some time today to sit at your feet and listen with the eyes of our hearts.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barb
Jonah today!!!!  Do we need to be swallowed by a fish to slow down and listen and act as the Lord asks of us? 
"Out of the depths I cry to YOU, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to my voice in supplication.
If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, who can stand?" 
Psalm 130 from mass today and shared around the world in The Church!
 Michael W Smith - Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
 

No comments:

Post a Comment