Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bowls of coffee or tea in the morning!

John in France 5 years ago... behind him is his wheelchair and walker as he is unable to walk alone without help.  He had just had his brain biopsy through the back of his brain to discover that he had Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma about 3 weeks before.  It left him with left sided ataxia and unable to walk alone... he is now better but still has a residual deficit.  Shortly after his second chemo he got better!  We made it to France for his sister to take her habit and change her name!  Why is this all coming forth this morning?  A friend is visiting Belgium and mentioned that they had coffee in bowls while in the coffee shop this morning... this is what we have fondly become accustomed to with our beloved Community of the Lamb.  Even here in the U.S. when we visit them in KC we have a bowl on our plate each morning and we have had to learn that it is not for cereal or fruit or granola but for your hot beverage - coffee or tea!  We truly feel French and like we have stepped back to our times in Saint Pierre! 

Nancy in Saint Pierre - August 2009
How we love our family/Community of the Lamb!  I am thinking about them and feeling close to them this morning with just a silly reminder of "bowls of coffee."  I was also reminded of a wonderful heritage of mine by morning prayer this morning... as the Gospel is the Vine and the branches - John 15:1-8... the morning prayer theme was the waters of LIFE that flows through a plants stem to the branches... Life giving water!  As soon as I see that I know that the reading will be Isaiah 55:1!  Why does that send great rivers of JOY through me?  Because that is the foundation of the Holy Spirit's call to our family to come into the Catholic Church - all 13 of us!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html  I won't repeat the story again, but will just share this link to the page I devoted to the story of our coming into The Church! 
Looking out this morning as Nancy and her 3 head down the driveway to head over to a pond nearby for some sandy beach fun... I was overjoyed to see the apple blossoms finally opening up!  The life-giving waters have been sluggish due to the cold winter and spring.  Usually my lilacs and apple blossoms open up around Mother's Day so we are weeks behind!  Pat just called from the field and picking rocks and shared that he is cold out there today. 
 Luke and Bernadette getting acquainted at the piano.
Don't you wonder sometimes what our fruit is?  Today in the Gospel Jesus speaks about how if we stay firmly grafted on Him - The Vine - that we will bear much fruit!  I don't know about you, but I feel many times that I am on a crazy merry-go-round and I just want to get off.  I long for the quiet and the time to spend quiet with Our Lord in prayer.  I did get a most amazing gift yesterday in the midst of the craziness - I put Ruth's two babies down for a nap and they both slept almost 3 hours!  On Tuesdays I love to go and spend some time with Jesus in Adoration, but it was just wonderful to put my feet up and have my rosary in hand and drift in and out of prayerful thought.  We all were much happier and content after that... it was truly an answer to prayer for the Peace which Jesus promised us yesterday in the Gospel of John!  I thought of that in the quiet peaceful house - I am reaping the promise of Jesus!  I do see the fruit that He promises us today too!  The smiles and hugs and sitting on laps and showing me their wonderful finds and telling me about their wonderful adventures and needing me when they are hurting and coming to lay on my shoulder when they are crying and in need of snuggles with giggles and reading a book and having talks with my daughters about those things that matter in LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT - sharing our faith and values together and worshiping together each week, praying morning prayer first with Pat and then with John, sharing work and meals and laughter and all that we need to do as a family/domestic Church... this is the fruit that comes to us from the Vine and his Life-giving water! 
Rose is a bit intimidated by the steers heading on the truck and takes shelter behind mommy.
Lord, there is great joy to be found in all that surrounds us each day.  May we realize that we are called to remain in YOU to find that Truth.  Yes, it calls for sacrificing our desires and selfish wishes to allow You to live and move and breath and have your being in us.  May we give without counting the cost... Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Rose with one of the first lilacs to open up this year!  I can't wait!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The Living Water; thirsty one,
Stoop down, and drink and live."
I came to Jesus and I drank
Of that Life-giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in him.
Opening hymn this morning... Jesus, you are my LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Gus making his birthday cake this morning - we will celebrate with him today as his birthday is Sunday and we will be apart.

Little Indian princess Bernadette this morning wrapped in her special blanket.
Casting Crowns - Come to the Well
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment