Friday, May 2, 2014

Mid-afternoon awakening to Sun!

The sights and sounds around me... grass so green in the sunlight that it makes you squint, the wind drying the land as it blows in from the North, birds chirping through the open window, baby calves as the cow TV goes back and forth- not so many in the barn now that the weather has cleared but some are napping, eating feed from orange barrels, or licking others' eartags, or frisking around kicking their heels to the air, the muffled sound of Pat talking on the phone out in the garage, an occasional moo from the cows as they call their calf to nurse, a quiet house as John is gone visiting a friend, the TV is off, no radio, no music, only the sound of the wind and the green world as the leaves are making a faint appearance as they bud forth.  My lilac branch/Easter tree here in the house has a couple lilacs ready to open.  They are white and small but they are lilacs weeks ahead of those outside.  My rule of thumb - Mother's day is usually when we have lilacs!  I never am without one from the moment they first open just a few flowers till they are falling apart at the end!  I love them, and have an entire hedge around two sides of my house!
Not much today - my rosary is calling me after a tough night at work.  How I am refreshed and calmed by turning to Jesus through Mary in my rosary!  It is the source of Peace in my world.
Simon and classmates carrying forth their flowers for Mary.  As John says - "She is the most beautiful woman in the world and that is why you have her in some for 30 times in this room - you wanted to make the room beautiful!"  Yes!  My love for her and her mothering love is very evident to anyone who enters our home!  "Hail Mary, full of grace.  The Lord is with thee.  Blessed art thou among women and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus."  My body, mind, and spirit is yearning to come to Jesus through Mary!
Jesus with your Mother at your side.. I am yours and come to you in my weakness.  May I always be weak and lowly so that I turn to you and need you to carry me and show me the way.  I long to see your face in all I meet in my day... Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barb
Good to see patches of blue sky behind the budding trees.  Now to warm up the world and dry up the fields and yards so that the animals and crops may do well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment