Friday, May 23, 2014

Today's journey with a thread of prayer

My sweet granddaughters minus Therese last night out for cherished pictures by the grain bins.  After dressing 4 girls in a row alike sometimes... when I walk through the little kids clothes and I have two small ones - I can't resist the fun of dressing a couple alike... Mary is now in the bigger clothes buth she matches with her pink peace signs too!  Spring grainbin pictures with lilacs has become a tradition of sorts with engagement pictures of both Ruth and Nancy taken with lilacs by the grain bins.  I have the one I took of Nancy and Bill still on my wall - one of my favorites!  And I have a picture of the kids taken by the bins in farmclothes about 5 years ago just as Therese was turning 1 and David was about 9 months...
After sharing a wonderful meal - Nancy is leaving soon so it was our last supper together... I just really wanted to get the kids dressed cute and cleaned up and gather out by the grain bins.  It happened to be a perfect evening and the cows and calves were all around us in pastures and curious about the humans of all different sizes.
Paul was playing with the big dog, Lilly, and making the kids laugh and smile for me... too fun!  Even the cows in the pasture thought he was funny (?) or interesting for sure.
I love the joyful expressions! 
Today our day started at 5:30a - taking some fattened cows to slaughter about an hour and half away.  With our prayer book along - we prayed on the road instead of first thing in the morning before we get up.  It was relaxing to have a long time in the pickup and to be traveling down the road while we prayed for our intentions - many more and much more deep were our prayers as we had our own little cab chapel filled with the cool fresh spring air coming in through the windows and the sun in our faces as we headed into the East.  Lots of conversation with my Most Cherished Cross... he loves to visit and I was warned last night that he wanted an early travel companion this morning and with rosary in hand I enjoy some time just the two of us and 3 cows moving around in the trailer we were pulling behind.  I just listened to Gus and his mom and Paul bless their food before eating dinner and Gus ends it with "fruit of they womb, Jesus."  Too cute and special!
Nancy's two a year later... I had a great photo shoot last year of these two while Nancy and Bill were in Scotland for a wedding, so I driven to get them together this year too!
 Two years ago - Ruth's with new baby, Rose Ida...
The one on my wall... Therese has just turned one and David is 9 months, Mary is 3 and Simon is 4... the group has grown much bigger - we are expecting grandsons #11 and 12 soon!  This was 5 years ago a few months before brain cancer struck our family.
Ruth and Paul engagement pictures with lilacs - 11 years ago now
Now with arms full of babies and lilacs - look what can happen in 11 years, and many prayers throughout the fabric of their lives like golden thread making it priceless and a masterpiece work of art!  
An old selfie I found of John and I while looking for grainbin pictures...

Now you can understand a bit of my desire for the family time last evening!
Jesus, you tell us today in the Gospel how much you love us in that while we were still sinners - and we continue to be sinners with each new day - you died for us - the unblemished lamb that was sacrificed for the world!  There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.  He calls us friends!  May we remain in that love through prayer filling our journeys with all we need to love and follow after you down the narrow path to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Dave at 6 months!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"You are my friends."  Jesus to us
Do you ever feel alone?  Well, you aren't!
Rose loves her lilacs - a chip off the old grandma block!
Holy Now by Peter Mayer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment