There is much excitement in the air this morning... over to pick up Luke and Rose so that the older 3 and mom and dad could take in the pigs and calves to the fair this morning. The beef show is in the morning tomorrow and then the pig show will be later in the day. Tomorrow will be a very big day! I spent the day working in open class on photography yesterday... For the first time ever I only entered 2 pictures, and placed with both of them.
This picture earned me the Best of Show!!! I have had it on my table since I took it over 2 months ago. It is wonderful to know that it isn't only loved by me! Of course, the cows add a specialness to it. The judge also mentioned all the facial expressions and the long grass and the grain bin... Rose is the stealer of the show with her cute excited smiling excitement...
I borrowed this picture from their blog post today sharing the shocking loss of Sarah.
As I sat there for many hours taking in pictures to be judged - I found myself reading many entries by Sarah Harken on her blog - http://theclayrosarygirl.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-28-2014.html?spref=fb... She died suddenly two days ago along with her baby girl in her womb... leaving her husband and 4 children! Tears were shed as I read her sharing of her at home birth a year and a half ago, and the discovery that her baby girl had Down's syndrome! Little Faustina is special! I feel such a kinship with this wonderful Catholic mother, and we cannot know why she was called from this world. She had found the pearl of great price and knew that it lay in her Faith and her Family! Now she and her daughter, Cecilia, are truly in His Kingdom and will draw many to HIM!
As I picked the garden with Luke and Rose this morning... Luke was content to chew on a yellow squash I had just picked - That is fresh and wonderful for him!
Rose found apples to keep her busy and ate them even though they are green and not ready yet.
A little bit of a face telling me they are still bitter and tart. We are in the apples this year!
Roger and Lilly, the dogs, are convinced that all the food we like is good for them too. I have already shared that they eat my beans off the plants as well as the asparagus. They also eat carrots out of the garden and apples. I think you might not like these green apples though Roger. Rose thought it was funny to have Roger trying to take her apples, and it made a special picture too.
Next Luke got a cuke out of the pail, and was chewing on that too. I think I will be making a lot of refrigerator pickles this year. Also many loaves of zucchini bread. I made 6 loaves a few days ago out of one big zucchini!!!! There are 3 loaves gone already too!
Filled with so much freshness, vitamins, and minerals, and smiles!
Jesus, life is filled with all the ups and downs... may we always keep our eyes, hearts, and minds focused on You and Your Bride, The Church! In this way we find a small slice of Heaven/ your Kingdom here in the midst of our domestic Church/Family! "When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it." Matthew 13:44-46 The Gospel for today is Truth we have found on our journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Be with the family of Sarah and Cecilia - may they cling to You, O Lord, and be comforted by your Mother of God! Sarah is known as the Clay Rosary Girl as she made a sold amazing rosaries made with clay beads she made. She loved Mother Mary and promoted the prayer without ceasing to her - the rosary! Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"He said: 'I am the bread that has come down from heaven.' He is the Bread sown in the Virgin, leavened in the flesh, molded in his passion, baked in the furnace of the sepulcher, placed in the churches, and set upon the altars, which daily supplies heavenly food to the faithful." St Peter Chrysologus (450) Today is St Peter's feast day... pray for us!
Newsboys - Born Again
Newsboys - God's not dead with scenes from Narnia!

No comments:
Post a Comment