Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Flooded with LOVE/Peace/JOY = Jesus!

Such a special sight at breakfast this morning... Maria was snuggling with Therese in her lap and Patrick was jealous... Maria said; "Here's a lap." and she put Patrick in the lap of Therese... now the 3 are happily snuggling and smiles all around. 
The sunrise was most beautiful with pink and red all over the sky!  Maria's kids gathered to look out our big picture window at the beautiful sight... so special with the white covering of new snow over the entire world outside.  Just enough to make it look fresh and beautiful but not enough to make a lot of work for Pat with the cows and calves.
Bathed in the pink light of the rising sun!  Our Lady stands under the tree in the winter touched Mary's garden.  
Just back from a wonderful hour of adoration... as I found myself in town for a few quick errands I remembered that it was Adoration today... How I love to sit in His presence and adore my Lord with rosary and the Family Litany where I put each member of both our families in the monstrance with Jesus. 
Sharing a tender moment called Family sharing and hugs on a cold January winter's day!
How I love to share my wonderful LIFE on the farm with family, and to have my family here for a month is such an answer of prayer!
As I was leaving today Maria had the older two to start their school with religion class/sharing of their Faith!  Raising LIGHTS for the world of darkness! 
Reading to them the life of Saint Andre Bessette to her kids - the Saint for today... he had a great devotion to St Joseph and a special commitment to the poor and afflicted.
As I sat down and gazed up at this glorious sight of humble Jesus in the form of His Body from Bread surrounded by the gold and jewels due a KING of KINGS... I was flooded with a mixture of wondrous feelings as if the Peace and the LOVE and the JOY which come from the Holy Spirit/Jesus were all put inside of my heart and mixed together to form the Awe of recognizing my God right there in front of me... inviting me to sit there and place all at His feet!  So I did, and it was the high light of my entire week the best hour that I spend and such a gift to me!  I was sitting there so grateful that I have the freedom and unexpected opportunity to come an adore my LORD! 
I gaze upon Jesus with such wholehearted attention and know that He loves me and listens and answers in mysterious but real ways my pleas for all the needs in my life and my family.  I have heard recently that a friend has a foreign exchange student from China, who has known nothing of Faith in her life. Our friend recently took her along to adoration... "I don't understand it, but I feel tears in my heart."  She shared.  Wow! 
If you have half an hour to listen - give yourself a treat and listen to Sr Mary Gabriel speaking to the college women at Seek 2015 - the Catholic college gathering of 10,000 that happened over the weekend.  This talk is so beautiful and inspiring... I am filled to overflowing with her wisdom and LIGHT and Truth - Jesus that she is sharing with all there, and me too!
The winter scene outside the window as we worship in His Presence. 

I am also basking in Word shared at mass around the world today!  The first reading from I John 4:7-10 which is echoes from his Gospel of LOVE - "In this is love; not that we have loved God, but that he has loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins." Wow!  Never can hear that too much or be reminded of LOVE in the flesh - Jesus Christ!
We have Luke and Rose to add to the mix of family fun on a cold winter's day.  It is nap time around here now and the raucous fun has calmed to just the sound of the movie that Maria and Joseph share while the kids are down.
Movie time in grandma's bed with kids and kitty watching Bug's Life.

The Gospel is another absolute gem/gift today... Mark 6!  The feeding of the 5,000!  Jesus having love and "his heart was moved with pity for them, for they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things..."  Then He miraculously feeds them from the 5 loaves and 2 fish with 12 baskets left over!!!!  So much like the way I was just fed by what appears to be a small wafer of bread - but it is Christ in His Body and He is there to give me all I need!  Is that always what I ask for?  No!  His ways are mysterious and what I truly need to get to heaven is often not what I want for myself.  May I die to self so that Jesus may live in me and I may serve without counting the cost!
 So much enjoyment watching the two toddlers playing together... Rose and Luke are such good playmates.  It has been since summer together in Michigan and they are picking up right where they left off there.
 Attacking grandpa and then...
The tables turned to the delight of the two pirates! 
 
Jesus, thank you for the joy/love/peace all mixed together that fills my heart and floods me as I sit in your miraculous Eucharistic presence.  I am also filled with the Truth of one of your most amazing miracles of feeding the 5,000 in the Gospel today.  How can there be so much with each new day to fill us with so much Truth?  Each day there is so much to fill us with the miraculous food of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Each day a Saint to teach us how to become a Saint ourselves - Saint Ander Bessette today!  May we grow less and less so that you may live in us and hear and answer our call to You.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah

 Look out grandpa here they are again!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke


Venerable Thomas A'Kempis fed me and continues to! 
"Come and catch us, grandpa!" 
I love this!
Danielle Rose - Pursue me
The Afters - Broken Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment