The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
As we got close to Rochester this morning we admired the beauty of the frosted trees, the white fields and the orange sun rising... John snapped some pictures with my camera as I was driving. Tonight I predict that the trees from New Ulm to Marshall will have a thick coating of frost on them as there is very thick fog to drive through between our towns! I am home safe after dropping John off to work a TEC retreat in New Ulm. We are very happy and confident anew with John's healing from brain cancer... there is no sign of cancer or dementia as was feared a year ago. Both doctors take a personal interest in John and seem to have in mind much about him even though they only see him every 6 months! The Neurology doctors sees improvement in his walking and use of his left hand and arm as well as his speech improvement. His Hematology/cancer doctor gave him honest advise that he should focus on working within the realm of his Faith and probably with youth. I was very much touched and impressed by her insight into what John does well and has a real gift and interest in. I am praying hard for him to find some direction this retreat through prayer and the sacraments.
Jesus, thank you for good news, and we know that you have a wonderful plan for John. Now just open the doors for him to walk through with confidence and excitement. There have been a lot closing lately! I guess that shows him not to go that direction, right? Jesus, we trust in YOU. Bless-bless, Barb
Bathed in the LIGHT - this is my prayer for John as he looks for his path sharing his LIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment