
// Happy Mother's Day to all of our spiritual mothers! //
"What would the Church be without you? She would be missing maternity, affection, tenderness! A Mother's intuition.”
-Pope Francis to Women Religious
How I love this! Then add to it this wonderful article by a Franciscan Sister - http://franciscansisterstor.blogspot.com/2015/05/womans-destiny-beauty-of-motherhood.html Take the time to read what Sr Therese Marie Iglesias TOR shares! It is so powerfully true that Hallel is called to mother in this Spiritual way...
"Our culture today does not esteem motherhood precisely because it requires selflessness. It requires putting someone else’s needs before your own. It is hard!
What culture esteems today as the model woman is the seductive woman. Seduction is the opposite of motherhood. It is putting oneself at the center. Seduction can dangerously suck the life out of motherhood and lead to its destruction.
Contraception was born out of a self-centered ideology and a seductive culture. As a woman religious I have come to realize that selfishness is a type of spiritual contraception.
When I put my needs before others in a disordered way I am blocking the gift of myself from being fully given. When I am not embracing the penances I have voluntarily taken on, I am saying no to the most beautiful gift God has given me in my femininity: my motherhood.
So on this Mother's Day we shall drink our Franciscan tea (hot water instead of tea) after dinner knowing that our life of penance is united to all physical mothers and that through it we are conceiving eternal life for the world and pumping His Blood into the children He has entrusted to us.
Thank you physical mothers for your witness and your daily yes that call us on in our own vocation!"
I am sharing how she ends her post... so amazing!
Thank you, Lord, for the gift to this world by all my girls whether physical or spiritual mothers! I am blessed beyond belief by having all 4 girls bringing LIGHT/LIFE/LOVE into the world! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment