Saturday, May 2, 2015

Jesus "was made man so that we might be made God" St Athanasius

 I am finding my heart and mind in Kansas City today - we are now entering our 5th week since Easter, and today I will be taking down my Easter tree as it is starting to die.  I have had lights on it continuously since Palm Sunday so it has been here baring leaves and some white lilacs for about 5 weeks now.  I have also been using some of the special pictures we took on Easter for Rose's photo frame and card, so I am feeling a pull to Hallel, now in Rome, and her wonderful Community of the Lamb!

This wonderful one I borrowed from Nancy to use on Rose's card!  It speaks of Easter JOY!

A friend just shared on FB that she had gotten a dandelion picked by her grandson - "First time in years I've received dandelions from little hands!"  How that tugged at my heart strings as I am in the midst of that same JOY of having the little ones and the wonder they bring into our lives once again as grandparents!  LIFE is a gift that keeps on giving from generation to generation.  I learned from Hallel that for a birthday look at the Psalm for that year... well, for Rose the 3rd Psalm was disappointing so I went to 103!  Wow!  What a beauty, and pondering this idea of how she is so like her mom in looks and love of animals and the outdoors... This verse grabbed me... His goodness endures for all generations... Praise the Lord my soul!  Psalm 103: 17, 22
 His LIGHT has come into the world!  Hallelujah!

St Athanasius has a feast day today and it really struck me at how this man back in the 300s fought for the Truth to be known... and this is it...  Jesus was made man so that we might be made God.  That really struck me hard, and I guess we know what we have to do in order for that to happen in us... die to self!
 Life-giving waters of baptism!
 Simon and I got wet and thought it was great!
 So wonderful to share the vigil with my oldest grandchild - sweet Simon.  How I pray for him daily as he has had the cross of Autism places upon his shoulders.  May it bring him ever closer to You, O Lord, and allow him to be made God on this challenging journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
 Hallel playfully splashing Simon with Easter water!   This was so great to relive as Fr Jerry would encourage us to come up to the font and play in the blessed and life-giving waters.  The kids would laugh and splash each other.  There were years where Susan/Hallel and John would get soaked after playing and splashing with great JOY!  These are very fondly remembered among the kids, and it was fun to see Hallel return to that playful JOY with her Simon.  Reminding me of the desperate place we find ourselves needing rain!  Hear our prayer, O Lord!  My lilacs are tiny and deformed due to the drought!
 A snack after the all night long vigil... pop and sweets including chocolate!
 Many wonderful community meals shared in this refectory!  I had a napkin holder in the drawer from all my visits over the last 7 years!
 Hallel gets her Easter basket from the little ones!
 Easter breakfast is a feast of celebration - Christ is risen and he came to take away the sin and darkness out of the world so that we might be made God as we die to self and allow The Holy Spirit to guide and direct our lives to be filled with LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE!
 Hallel is meeting Luke for the first time, and Luke will now have the wonderful gift in his life of this connection to The Community of the Lamb!
Candy before, during and after Easter breakfast... that is what is being a kid on Easter morn all about, right?  And maybe those big kids too!

Jesus, it is so wonderful to have Easter all these weeks.  May the JOY of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT continue on each day of our lives as we die to self so that YOU, God, may live in us!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment