Monday, May 18, 2015

Low and slow and down and tired and flat and weak and off kilter... Jesus conquered all this!


Maria posted this great picture this morning of her 4 having some daddy time...  My eyes are feasting on the adorable face of my youngest grandchild, Romeo!  He is officially a red head with blue eyes and it is so fun to see him growing up big and happy!   I am letting my feelings take over today with a slight stomach bug and very tired and down after days and night of work.  To top it off it is cold, windy and dark outside to add to the low place I find myself.  The Gospel really spoke to me today - reading it first with Pat and later with John...In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.  John 16:33

It is hard to get past those feelings of being down and like I have failed miserably in most that I have done lately.  But I need to know that if is helps me to find humility and make us quick to do the right thing, without taking away our confidence in God, we may be assured that these reproaches come from God.  However, if they confuse us and make us fearful, distrustful, lazy, or slow to do the right thing, we may be sure that they come from the devil and we should consequently push them aside, finding our refuge in our confidence in God.  St Pius of Pietrelcina (1968)Padre Pio
 The reflection and the light are wonderful to my eye for photography in which light is the paint brush!

The house is quiet this morning as Nancy took her 3 little ones to the library here in town.  The wind is blowing coldly outside and there are some rain drops here and there.  The men are working on fencing in pastures and breeding cows.  I am sitting here with a heavy head throw in a stomach upset and it all adds up to feeling off kilter and just not able to find excitement for the usual that fills my days!
 I did find that laughing at the antics of the little ones was good medicine for me!  As we were all still in bed- Bernadette came down and able to reach the water with a cup filled many available containers to the brim and over the brim with water.  The cat bowl was filled to the absolute top with a river flowing out from it, and an empty vase on the table was totally full and thankfully not overflowing on all that was on the table.  She had entertained herself with water while the rest of us were resting.  It tickled me to think of her filling glass after glass and filling the containers to the brim.  A busy little girl!  It also gave grandma a lift to be able to fix her hair after many days of missing it.  Although the other morning arriving home after working all night... I did see her sad face when I headed off to bed and took a few minutes to fix her hair.  Her smile and delight sent me to bed with sweetness filling my heart!  The little ones are good medicine, and I feel badly that I am less than energetic and involved in their days other than to turn on a movie in grandma's bed.
 Off to the library with mom... Well, Lord, help me to look outside of my tired and dreary self and find the JOY that awaits me in Faith/Family/Farm!  May I not dwell on this low place and realize that if I stay busy and serve others without counting the cost... I can forget and go forward climbing the stairs out of the pit.  Jesus, you conquered the world and knowing that I continue on this journey carrying/dragging my most Cherished Cross and following after you down the narrow path to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Runny noses and a bump on the head - life is filled with downs and ups right Dominic?  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

We have St Pio in our corner, too.  Along with Our Lady, and all the angels and Saints, The Church, The Holy Spirit... so much help for the journey!

So much to help us push on through the storms of life!
Casting Crowns - Praise you in the storm

One more - Romeo looks like he is ready to have one of them on his back!

No comments:

Post a Comment