The two girls came out with their tu-tu swim suits, and so soon they were on and they ran back and forth along with Luke in his jammie! The line up picture is too cute. This was after I had fed the 8 kids and 6 adults and the clean up was done. It was quite huge, but I started to think about how my mother-in-law would do this night after night feeding 10 kids and 3 adults as they always had a hired man! Also a big difference is that I loaded a dishwasher and started it up - only having to wash some pots and pans and a few other items. But they hand washed all the dishes! I used instant potatoes, but I am sure my mother-in-law and her girls pealed and cooked and mashed potatoes for many meals! I am in awe!
In action - watch out Luke! He was so into running around with the tu-tu girls!
The couch jump and then they head back. An afternoon spent cooking and then the overwhelming job of filling plates and getting kids eating and then the clean up... Imagine doing that day after day! When Ruth, Nancy, and I paused to think about the work Pat's mom did! "She baked her bread, too!"
A break for something to drink!
There's grandma's tree with her purple flowers... Rose points out.
The pose with Luke behind... It has been a eye opening experience to realize this could be a daily experience of large family meals day after day. A lot more respect for the work our mother's did feeding our large families day after day! I the oldest of 11 and Pat the middle of 10. Our mother's need to be thanked from the bottom of our hearts. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
It is so good to come together to share a meal - it is all worth it!
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
No comments:
Post a Comment