It has been such a powerful day - hearing about John's time at the seminary yesterday and running into his old classmates as they were leaving a class. "They all gathered around me and we talked for about half an hour. They asked me how things are going, and I told them that I had just gotten fired and they all applauded!" I laughed through my tears as we talked about how this is so fitting today with the Gospel reminding us that we will be persecuted and rejected as followers of Christ as we are not of this world, but are now dwelling with Christ and our hearts, minds and souls have been changed. From the world's standpoint John would have been wowing them with tales of his great job, house/apartment, car, and girlfriend... all of which have not been attained. But from the eyes of these young men... they are thinking that John just was once again told that he was not on the right path and that his plan for his life has yet to be found!
I had a great talk with my dad on the phone today, and he reminded me that we are called to be giving God the highest praise - Hallelujah! - at this Easter time of year. And although things have been hard and sad around here this week - I am starting to find the JOY and sharing with John this morning and with Pat and with my dad - we all see with excitement that there is a great plan for John! Ruth found some very interesting sites promoting young men living in Catholic Community and doing volunteer work for about a year together - Franciscan and other possibilities. John is looking and asking and we all are praying like crazy and thanking Jesus for his LOVE and Mercy - if we set our hearts on Him!
Such a glorious day! Nancy and her 3 are on their way, and we are very excited for their coming to share in our lives here - Spring on the farm!
I just had so much fun updating my photo frame with Spring/farm and Faith! Maria shared this on her blog today and I was able to add a picture of "T" in her dress with the veil that her mom and Aunts all wore! "T is receiving Christ in the Eucharist today! The big day is finally here, and I just finished offering my Rosary for Thérèse.
May God grant her even the slightest comprehension of the immeasurable gift she is receiving today."
My heart and soul is with her as she takes this most amazing most important step in her life journey - Jesus is always with her and in her!
There is nothing I would rather do today, and it is such a gift to have this window to do what I love!Jesus, you remind us this day that we do not "belong to the world" we change the world....I have chosen you out of the world... they will persecute you. John 15:18-21
Even in the midst of the hard things that come our way - the crosses - may we rejoice and find JOY in knowing that this is part of your plan for us and that will allow us to change the world! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
So much love!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

For our Therese on her day of First Holy Communion! St Therese is so right on, and you live this out Therese!

Love is the be all and end all!
Danielle Rose - If I touch him - about The Eucharist!

No comments:
Post a Comment