Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"I unceasingly admonished each of you with tears." St Paul in Acts today

Bernadette went outside barefoot with her brother this morning, and came in with wet feet from the dew in the grass..."Where are my shoes?"  They were no where in sight, so she stepped into Uncle John's size 13s to wear on her feet to grandma's delight and brighten the day for me.
The cutest part of all was her walking away in them to demonstrate that they could be used to replace her own.  Soon they were dressed and off to visit "great-grandma with candy" and her shoes were found out in the garage, and she didn't have to break down and wear Uncle John's shoes after all.   How her antics helped me find a ray of sunshine today, which has been most hard and difficult.  The tears have been flowing a lot, and John as he left this morning reminded me that - yes, I pray for him all the time, and a lot of that prayer consists of tears. 

The words of St Paul to the Ephesians, but shared in Acts 20, really grabbed me and guess why?  I unceasingly admonish each of you with tears.  I had to check out what admonish means better - "To counsel (another) against something to be avoided or warn (that something is dangerous): "  It somewhat applies to what I do with my tears as I beseech Our Lady to show us the path John is to take, or to help me be a better servant in my life.  I see that I am far from where I need to be, so I would say that the unceasing admonishing applies to myself, and yes, at times it is all the ways I am critical of those that are the closest to me!  I need to look at my marriage more as that of a team, rather than that he is the enemy!  How I struggle with this, and I know that it is the root of a lot of our problems!
The peaceful pasture scenes with the cows and calves are a beautiful sight this time of year... I long for that pasture to dwell in me and for Jesus to carry this lost sheep in his strong arms and show me the path laid out for me and those that I pray for without ceasing.  Jesus reminds me in the Gospel today that we do not belong to the world.  Part of my intense pain this day is the realization that so many, who are in places to counsel in The Church are "liberal Catholic" and not strong in the Faith.  It is so hard and lonely to truly LOVE and follow and believe ALL that the Catholic holds out to us as Truth!  Jesus tells us today in the Gospel found in John17 - Your word is truth.  As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.  And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.  John 17:19 

Jesus, may your Truth reign in this world of darkness and sin and death!  May we be LIGHTS in this world and not be afraid to share the Truth without hesitation.  May we trust always in your plan, and know that when we are weak is when we turn to YOU.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Our Lady with the heifers out in the lush grass in the front pasture this morning reminds me of the 23rd Psalm...

Jesus, I trust in you... give me the strength to take up my most Cherished Cross and embrace it to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! 
Danielle Rose - True Love - the Cross!
All the fallen servicemen since 9/11 
Many tears represented here... rivers of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment