Monday, May 11, 2015

'We set sail... with the Spirit of Truth" Acts 16 and John 15


Precious Therese on her First Holy Communion on Saturday wearing her mom's veil... 

In my heart is a sweet interchange I heard between Nancy and her oldest, Augustine, on the couch.  Nancy was reading to him a special children's book about St Therese.  Therese kept the Virgin's smile deep in her heart.  On the day of her first Communion, she was so moved, she wept for joy.
Two years later, on Christmas.  Therese felt the power of God within her, and this certainty made her stronger: she cried much less often and became very brave
From then on, she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up: she would be a saint!  She wanted to be a Carmelite, for she was now sure that prayer could work miracles!
As Nancy was reading, I could hear Gus telling his mom that he felt that power of God inside of him, too.  So sweet to have those kinds of seeds planted inside of the little ones. 

I asked Maria if "T" said anything about this glorious experience in her life.  "She said that she got distracted after receiving Jesus as she wanted to really concentrate on what had just happened to her."  So sweet!  I can envision how she will fall on her knees and concentrate on Jesus with each daily taking in of Him in His Body and Blood! 

So sweet, humble and beautiful is her light for all to see!  The first words from the first reading from Acts just grabbed me today - "We set sail..."  With so much filling me with Truth and JOY this day - pondering all the wonderful sharings of so many about their mothers living and dead, as well as the special sharing of how those in religious life are called to spiritual motherhood, which I have had the privilege and honor to watch first hand!  I finished my book of 101 Mother stories just days ago, so I am filled with all of those, too!  http://franciscansisterstor.blogspot.com/2015/05/womans-destiny-beauty-of-motherhood.html  I hope you take the time to read this!

One of those stories by Elizabeth Foss called Surrendering to a Better Plan was so moving for me, and I have been longing to share some of her humble wisdom here!  That Spirit of Truth that is mentioned in the Gospel today!  When the Advocate comes whom I will send from the Father, the Spirit of Truth which proceeds from the Father , he will testify to me.  John 15  Our Church studies and upholds the Truth from the first Apostles to today!  It is there to help us get to Heaven, and Jesus and his Bride, The Church, uphold to us in the Dogmas that we are to be open to LIFE... it is truly a way of dying to self so that Jesus can live/ The Holy Spirit may live in us! 
Bernadette comes to the farm and learns about cats - she was curious about their ears and tails... she is quite the talker and grandma can't get enough of her!  First thing in the morning grandma has to fix her hair, and I think we all know how much I love that!  She is over playing with Rosie now, and I am torn to be there and watch that all unfold!

In her sharing Elizabeth Foss, who is the mother of 7, shared how she had many plans for Lent and instead was home caring for sick kids with the flu...  She describes how it has taken 7 kids to show me that pride will always stand between God and me.  To live out my vocation faithfully means that I have to wrestle daily with the imperfect appearance of my life...  A friend whose life appears perfect said to me, "I could never have another baby.  I am too much of a perfectionist.  One more, and I would lose control."
She would.  She'd have overwhelming days, and bad hair days and extreme laundry days.  She would not be perfect.  She would not be in control.  But she would be driven to her knees and she would, in her openness to life, be open to God.  His power would be made perfect in her weakness.  Elizabeth Foss   What can I say?  I love this!!!!
 Bernadette showing grandma his ears - then she pulled his tail and her wanted to go out and escape form this little curious girl!

She would do things His way and he would bless her in ways beyond the understanding of the woman who tries to stay in control.  Elizabeth Foss  Wow!  I love how she reminds us that we need to realize that Jesus is in control of our lives, and that a prime way to give that up is to be open to LIFE and allow those little ones that come to us - The Gift of LIFE - to take away our selfishness and control we want to have that perfect life... whose hair and nails are perfect, whose homes are perfectly decorated, whose wardrobes are perfect for their perfect bodies.  What do they truly gain with this?  A selfishness that separates them from giving their all for Jesus!
 To get this from my photo program - it shows the many pictures I have taken to allow them to gift me with this!

Jesus, we set sail into our lives filled with so much Faith/Family/Farm!  May we always allow your Spirit of Truth to guide our ship across the stormy seas... trusting in your guidance and direction we are headed as we die to self so that you may live and breath and have your being in us and through us!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Dominic is trying to pull himself up so that he can get to his brother!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

in honor of "T's" first Holy Communion!

Imagine being on the open waters sailing along over the water with the wind and the sun on us!  So amazing!
 Dominic is learning about the kitties, too, with great enthusiasm and delight!
 We are so grateful for a rainy mother's day - over 1 1/2 inches of life-giving rain!  John is on the road to meet with Bishop and hopefully and prayerfully receive spiritual direction.  Prayed with Lourdes water - Our Lady is holding him close to her heart burning with love for him!  Jesus, we trust in you.  (when the cancer was growing back through the chemo and whole brain radiation loomed on the horizon... Bishop LeVoir wrote us and reminded us - "When you are facing hard things repeat these words - Jesus, I trust in you.")  This has become my mantra for each moment of each day in my journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
 How grandpa loves to have the grandkids here to share our life on the farm!  Nancy just called me from town and said - "Mom, I love Marshall!"  She had just had such an amazing experience getting her computer immediately looked at, fixed in 10 minutes, and for no charge!  She is in love with our simple and good life here in small town USA!
Bernadette and Dominic and Augustine love to be spoiled by grandpa and grandma and have wonderful cousins to play with!  Life is good!
The Afters - Broken Hallelujah
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
Casting Crowns - Praise you in the storm
"Mom, this is the storm and Jesus is in control."  Hallel to us when we called her on Father's Day 2009 to tell her that John had brain cancer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment