Oma came with a suitcase full of things for Maria, Joe and the kids. This is a hand crocheted outfit for Therese's favorite doll, Anna, from Aunt "T". The cute kitty pin is also from her... the kids are very excited and feeling very special on this September 24th - Oma's 62nd Birthday! Instead of getting gifts, Oma is getting the joy of watching the delight and appreciation on the faces of the family.
Patrick greets his new brother - Maria says he is so good that she can forget she has a baby upstairs. That reminds me of a time with Nancy - quiet in her bed and I forgot about her as I was busy with a day of canning.
Following the example of Hallel with birthdays - I went to the 62nd psalm today for Joe's wonderful mom, Gail! The first line was so appropriate today for this woman, who is very patient and takes life at a slower pace than I... "I will wait patiently for God to save me; I depend on him alone. He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender." Gail and I were sharing about their perpetual adoration chapel she is very involved in... for a week she will carry the phone and fill in for those that are unable to make their hour. "I get a lot of special time with our Lord that week." She shared that they are seeing fruits in vocations to religious orders and seminary!
After the traumatic birth of Patrick... he gets speech therapy. I hear the therapist saying that he is right where he should be for his age, and giving his parents some ideas of how to help him continue to develop his speech. I am filled with joy to hear him making his parents and the therapist laugh and clap for how wonderfully he is doing. Gail and I are heading out soon on our shopping trip - my mission to find a white shirt for Patrick to wear tomorrow for his baby brother's baptism.
"I depend on God alone;
I put my hope in him." Psalm62:5
I feel that I am on a retreat here with the peace and joy and growth I am experiencing through watching, living and reading... I am filled to the brim with so many blessings.
Jesus, thank you for the gifts that are showering down from heaven on us. Thank you for the gift of Gail being here sharing her light! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb



No comments:
Post a Comment