Sunday, September 7, 2014

Vigil of Mary's birth...

I was just talking to Ruth about our tomato project tomorrow, and while I was talking to her Luke was trying to get the phone away from her.  I know that he is very loving to his mom too, and hugs her and nibbles on her chin.. just like Jesus did to his mom!  I call it eating her chin out of love for this woman that brought you into this world and then fed you so closely and beautifully with her body.  There is such a closeness and close bond... it just seems natural to see how much love is shared!
Ruth being devoured lovingly by her daughter, Mary, when she was about 6 months old.  Happy Feast day tomorrow, Mary!  Tomorrow is the nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary!

Another special icon of Jesus eating Mary's chin out of love... I see this kind of love with my kids and their little ones!  The most precious LOVE ever!

My thoughts and prayers are flowing out to Maria and her family these last days - she is to have her new son, Romeo, on Tuesday!  This picture was when I flew to Texas just when she was due to have Patrick - two weeks later we all know the story...  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html

One of my few pregnant pictures - bursting out of my coverall in the barn - pregnant with Nancy.

An image that really spoke to me of the call of religious to be a mother to many.  As much as Hallel loves little ones, and shares of her experiences with little ones she meets - this is a powerful Truth!

Yet another icon... I tell you there are many and it always makes me smile with great JOY!

 We had to go and thank St Patrick with grandpa and Patrick when we visited Texas! 
 Luke in the LIGHT learning at grandpa's knee how to become a LIGHT sharing our Faith in The Church with JOY! 
Just back from mass with Pat... he went twice today so that we could share mass together.  It was good to see the college so full and lots of young people there from college!  There is nothing more important than to worship together as a family -sharing our faith and putting Christ and His Bride, The Church first in our lives - all the rest will fall into place.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Be with Maria and Romeo these last days and bring them both through this safely.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment