Yes, The Cross hurts and heals and brings us to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT on our journey! Christ died for us to have LIFE, but it doesn't end there with happy ever after... He then gives us the way to follow Him - "Take up your Cross and follow me." And it is painful and heavy and hard... I got a wonderful word of wisdom from the mother of my sister-in-law, Ann Inveen. "If your Cross gets too heavy, drag it." I am a big one for being "weak, " so I smile at this because that perfectly describes how I take my cross down the narrow path - I drag it! I will never forget when Hallel called me after my hip replacement... I was crying to her about how pathetic and weak I am. "Mom, when we are weak is when we turn to Jesus." "Well, yes, than I want to be weak always, because I love and want Jesus to never leave me! I want to lean on him! I need Jesus!"
In my life as a mother/farmwife/nursing home nurse - I see these things I am called upon to do as the small things... they can be hard and not to my liking yet I know that they must be done, and yes I do procrastinate with some of them... But I also know that when I get out there and pull those weeds, pick that garden and make food for the 6-7 families that much good has come from doing the small things! I find great joy in watching the excitement of the little ones lifting that spoon of tomato soup to their mouths over and over, or the applesauce disappearing from their plates into their tummies! Our small and humble work, sometimes with the encouragement and reminders of a husband that our garden has mature weeds going to seed... is necessary to get to the end of feeding those we are given to care for in this world. Then we are reminded of all those that are hungry in the world outside our door/domestic Church/family!
And take it a step further... remembering that we are called to LOVE and to put that into action is service! I love that many of the pictures of Blessed Teresa has her with rosary beads in her hands! The other night with the Bishop, I was asked about my hour trip to get there... "I loved it! I had my chapel on wheels with my rosary in my hand!" This launched into a sharing of Bishop and Margaret and I about how we find rosaries in this pocket or that, under this couch, "my grandkids will come up and hand me one when I am visiting." I said Bishop shared that when they cleaned out his mother's house they found 5 rosaries throughout her home here and there... we all smiled and agreed as this is how we are not without one no matter where we are. It looks like Blessed Teresa is agreeing with us from heaven on this too!
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta..."The special power of loving that belongs to a woman is seen more clearly when she becomes a mother. Motherhood is the gift of God for women." I just found this reference to my blog in the midst of all the images of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta! It led me to this sharing just shortly after the birth of Rose - May 5th, 2012 http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-gods-own-smile.html
I love this quote and Truth to be found in these words and picture that I shared with it... such a gift coming back to me on this most beautifully humble day of celebration!
Another picture from that blog post 2 1/2 years ago now - Nancy with Augustine and baby Rose!
Jesus, we know that we are called to die to self so that you can live in us! That hurts and involves doing those things that are small and not our favorite to do! We are not in this world to make ourselves comfortable and happy, rather we are called to serve others or put our love into action! May we model for those in our domestic Church family how to give without counting the cost.
Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action.
Blessed Teresa. May I place more LOVE in what I do, O Lord. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Blessed Teresa. May I place more LOVE in what I do, O Lord. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Ten month old, Luke, with a new baby kitty just starting to open his eyes!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke the crazy-Catholic, who has such a long ways to go! It is so great that I have amazing help and role models among the Saints! Blessed Teresa, pray for us!
There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in - that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why we try to do it as beautifully as possible.
Luke thinks that makes a lot of sense!
Danielle Rose - Litany of humility - The Missionaries of Charity pray this weekly!
Small things with great love - Danielle Rose

Lighting that candle in my inner chapel for this day ahead - praying with every beat of my heart and every breath that I take - "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Jesus and Mary I love you. Save souls!"

Lighting that candle in my inner chapel for this day ahead - praying with every beat of my heart and every breath that I take - "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Jesus and Mary I love you. Save souls!"
No comments:
Post a Comment