My mother's prayer space... We have been gabbing and working on projects together at the computer all morning. Mom just was shocked to see that it was after noon already. So much to share and catch up on!
How I love to be able to share morning prayer/the office with my dad and mom - Permanent Deacon Robert Cross and his wife, Nancy, are required to share morning and evening prayer just as the priests are asked to daily. After sharing the Gospel and prayer, dad goes through the family and lifts them up in prayer. Only imagine the monumental job they have in praying for each of their family now over 100 strong! When I go to adoration I place each member in the monstrance with Jesus - over 100 for my family and close to 90 for Pat's! Many prayers are answered over the years.
I asked mom if she is gazing at Our Lady, gifted to them when they left their ministry as deacon and wife in Manistique, MI, while dad prays for the family. "I probably was looking at her and at our family picture."
Eyes closed in prayers for our family. Tears leapt to my eyes when dad prayed for all religious listening to a call from Jesus... most especially "Our Little Sister Hallel."
Much of our discussions today have been about The Truth as we see it - all held out to us by our beloved Catholic Church, The Word and The Sacraments. My father is working on encouraging those being prepared for the Deaconate - he will be 40 years a deacon next year - to be taught about Natural Family planning with the epidemic of Catholics using artificial birth control - 62%? "It is important for deacons to understand Natural and be able to preach about it and encourage couples to use it! Lots to pray about...
The heartfelt asking of The Holy Spirit to work in the lives of those entrusted to my parents - their 11 children with their spouses, children, their spouses and children - now we are 4 generations! Much prayers required and shared... how we all find comfort and support when we face those hard places/The Cross knowing that our parents lift us up in prayer each day!
Their St Joseph statue holding his Son of God - Jesus!
Lord, I am so filled with peace and joy being here with my wonderful parents, who brought us all into The Church as they listened to the Holy Spirit... http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html Being able to share with them, as we speak the same language of Faith - as St Paul tells us in Romans 9 today - "I speak the Truth in Christ, I do not lie, my conscience joins with the Holy Spirit in bearing me witness..." There is sharing with JOY of The Truth we all recognize in one another. Such a blessing of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/Jesus and His Bride, The Church! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
No comments:
Post a Comment